No announcement yet.

Cursed mustang is gone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time to sell the other ranger.... DIBS!!

Comment

Originally posted by 4EyedTurd View Post
      Time to sell the other ranger.... DIBS!!
      LOL, na I'd loose my ass if I ever sold that thing. I call it my $15k/$500 truck for a reason. That and the Buick are pretty locked in as things I can't really get rid of.

Comment

I was sick since Sunday, so haven't spent to much time with the truck I hit 170 miles on the odometer when I got to work today. it's tough being easy on her till it's broken in. Also fighting the modding bug already. Though I am really liking being able to hit the remote start from my couch in the morning to warm it up and not waking the whole block like the mustangs and the other ranger do. seeing as it's just a 2.3l I'm thinking even if I do hop it up, I'll keep it quiet. I just need to keep it warranty friendly.
        On another bright note, the kid is excited about the truck. She really wants to drive it. I'm glad I don't have one of those kids with no interest in driving. My boss's kids about to turn 18, a senior in high school and has zero interest in getting his license. His dad even bought him a car last year and eventually sold it because he never once showed a desire to use it. I wouldn't know how to relate to a kid like that.

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
          I was sick since Sunday, so haven't spent to much time with the truck I hit 170 miles on the odometer when I got to work today. it's tough being easy on her till it's broken in. Also fighting the modding bug already. Though I am really liking being able to hit the remote start from my couch in the morning to warm it up and not waking the whole block like the mustangs and the other ranger do. seeing as it's just a 2.3l I'm thinking even if I do hop it up, I'll keep it quiet. I just need to keep it warranty friendly.
          On another bright note, the kid is excited about the truck. She really wants to drive it. I'm glad I don't have one of those kids with no interest in driving. My boss's kids about to turn 18, a senior in high school and has zero interest in getting his license. His dad even bought him a car last year and eventually sold it because he never once showed a desire to use it. I wouldn't know how to relate to a kid like that.
          my brother and sister didnt get theirs immediately. it blew my mind.
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

My step-daughter turns 18 this year, and still hasn't bothered with it, we bought the online course and everything. I don't get it, I had a license and a job less than a month after turning 16.

Hard to get excited about a 4-banger, but glad you like it, definitely a suitable ride to learn to drive in.

Comment

1. Nice truck

2. Something to add regarding kids these days not being motivated to get their licenses or having any interest in driving is somewhat odd. I have a nephew that is 17 and is just now getting somewhat interested in getting a license. When I turned 15 I immediately asked my parents to allow me to take the Defensive Driving Course that allowed me to get my permit and I would then be able to get a license at 16. I don't know if the laws have changed, but if you didn't go through the course you had to wait unit 18 to get your license. What teenagers usually want is freedom. Driving is just that. I was a sophomore in high school and drove my truck to school. I thought that was normal. Most of my friends did the same. Now things are different it seems. No interest in driving. Definitely a cultural shift.

Comment

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
                1. Nice truck

2. Something to add regarding kids these days not being motivated to get their licenses or having any interest in driving is somewhat odd. I have a nephew that is 17 and is just now getting somewhat interested in getting a license. When I turned 15 I immediately asked my parents to allow me to take the Defensive Driving Course that allowed me to get my permit and I would then be able to get a license at 16. I don't know if the laws have changed, but if you didn't go through the course you had to wait unit 18 to get your license. What teenagers usually want is freedom. Driving is just that. I was a sophomore in high school and drove my truck to school. I thought that was normal. Most of my friends did the same. Now things are different it seems. No interest in driving. Definitely a cultural shift.
                They are born into the time of the internet. You can do and be anything you want. No reason to leave the house.

Comment

I got my permit on my 15th Birthday. (now I also crashed my dad's car joy riding later that year which led to me not getting my license till I was 17 because my dad made me get a job, and earn the money to fix the car before I could start driving again) but I mean driving was life for me, hell it still is! I used to blow a whole tank of gas in high school in one night just driving around listening to music. Our plan I'm taking off the day on my daughter's 15th birthday and we are going to get her permit. We are going to make a day of it.

Comment

Despite the impending apocalypse, I had a good weekend. It was my first weekend off in weeks. I ordered a bed cover for the truck and the kid and I installed it. I had her do most of the work, which is hard for me to do. I'm the kind of person that would rather just do it myself than teach someone to do it. I get frustrated easily while training someone. But for the kid I fight through it. We ended up having fun and she's not bad at turning wrenches. I'm hoping that stuff like this gets her interested in working on the other cars with me.
                    But either way now we have a locking bed cover, and I'm fairly pleased with the looks and functionality. It's an aluminum trifold, and it feels pretty sturdy. It's easy to remove if needed and seals pretty well. Next thing it needs is a bed mat, unless I decide to do a spray bed liner. This little truck has not disappointed. I actually don't miss the mustang at all.

I really like things that match, so having two magnetic grey fords makes me happy. The wheels on the mustang are our spares, I will be putting the other wheels back on after we move in a few months. Once I put new ties on them. But the mustang wheels match pretty well to the wheels on the ranger. I dig it.

As far as mods for the truck, I'm not sure what else if anything I'd want to do. part of me wants to level it out by bringing the rear end down, I definitely want to tint the front windows. I thought about exhaust but to be honest I am starting to really like the quiet. that and I can't imagine there's an exhaust that makes the 2.3l sound good. I've got a 75k mile warranty, so there's no tune or anything in it's future. I'll probably do the tint, a bed liner, and call it good. Unless the kid gets comes up with something. We will see. I do know that my wife's been wanting boost on the mustang for a long time. maybe it will be time to do that.

Comment

3500 miles in on the new truck. I'm honestly really happy with this little bastard. getting around 20-22mpg mixed city and highway, and 14mpg with a trailer on it. Towing is a breeze, and the power is solid. Only complaint I have for it is the fact that these direct inject engines are loud as hell.
                      anyway, great truck over all.

Comment

is it true that you have to pull the fender apron and take off the wheel to change the oil filter?

Comment

whrz center cap?

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                            is it true that you have to pull the fender apron and take off the wheel to change the oil filter?
                            Don't think so. I can see the filter just fine with it on a lift. But haven't had the oil changed yet.
                            Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                            whrz center cap?
                            on there now.

Comment

Working...
                            X