Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you guys using to manage shop/garage finances?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you guys using to manage shop/garage finances?

Iv used Quickbooks in the past but it wasnt taylored to a shop specific business. I rented a shop in Granbury off of hwy 51 a couple months ago and have been taking customer work. Iv been using spreadsheets to keep track of everything but I need a program that I can send invoices through as well as keep track of inventory and shop expenses?
    Thanks for any suggestions!
    Last edited by stephen4785; 07-01-2020, 11:56 AM.

QuickBooks is best and cheapest way honestly. There are some nice options out there but they get really expensive and are more for inventory management.

Comment

QuickBooks, I have used some others in the past but they sucked. The ability to use the other intuit programs with QuickBooks has helped me also.

Comment

Another vote for qb.. cheap and effective.. use it to write checks too and accounting will be super easy at the end of the year
        "PSH!!!"

Comment

If you’re a smaller shop I would say Quickbooks. When you get into multiple employees etc. then you start looking at a real DMS (dealer management software) as well.
          Originally posted by PGreenCobra
          I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
          Originally posted by Trip McNeely
          Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
          dont downshift!!
          Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
            Another vote for qb.. cheap and effective.. use it to write checks too and accounting will be super easy at the end of the year
            This right here, when I finally went from paper to my CPA, QB's was the best and super easy. Made it way better to do my taxes at the end of the year by myself. It took some time to but in the end it saved me money by not using a CPA and I never got audited by the eYe R es...
            Originally posted by Silverback
            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

We use a program called Karmak Fusion. It's 6 figures, but you can do parts sales, service, and vehicle sales through it. We don't use the vehicle sales side of things, but this thing will do everything except for payroll. It'll track hours and everything, TONS of data if you want it. If it's just you I'd recommend something a good bit more cost effective, but Fusion is designed by shop owners for shop owners. We've been using it since 9/10/16 and I don't think we'll be moving to anything else any time soon. Bring your wallet.

Comment

Working...
              X