Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you worried about sending your kids to school this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you worried about sending your kids to school this year?

You know the COVID-19 thing! I tell ya it's bad time to be a teacher this year

Nope. 4x more death from flu this year than Covid for youngsters, and the covid numbers are probably inflated. The other fallout from not going to school is orders of magnitude worse than the risk of Covid.
    Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

My son is back in daycare. The mental impact that he started to show from being isolated from other kids was pretty bad...obviously you never know how bad the virus can get but we are confident in our decision.

Comment

With the numbers going up as they are I don't think we have to worry about them going back.
        That said IF there is in person education, mine are staying home. My wife is a teacher so she would have no choice.....

Comment

My kids are going back assuming that's an option. The CDC's own website has the data on Covid and the Flu... flu still kills way more and we never shut down for that. Besides, this all goes away in November.
          Originally posted by stevo
          Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
            The CDC's own website has the data on Covid and the Flu... flu still kills way more and we never shut down for that.
            Where did you find that? There have been more Covid deaths in six months then like three or four years of Flu deaths....
            We did shut down for the flu before there was a vaccine and effective anti-viral drugs. Another difference is hospitalization, 2-3 days for the flu vs 12-20 for Covid.

And first confirmed case in the US was January......

Comment

I have zero fear of my kids catching COVID but we are home schooling this year.

I will not send my 5 YO little girl for her first year to be full of masks, face shields, don't touch this, move away from that kid, don't eat lunch near anyone, no kick ball because we can't disinfect the ball fast enough, and so on.

Comment

Wife is a teacher and she isn’t looking forward to school starting back up.

Comment

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
                  Where did you find that? There have been more Covid deaths in six months then like three or four years of Flu deaths....
                  We did shut down for the flu before there was a vaccine and effective anti-viral drugs. Another difference is hospitalization, 2-3 days for the flu vs 12-20 for Covid.

And first confirmed case in the US was January......

Pneumonia and Flu they have tied together as flu usually causes Pneumonia and that leads to death more often than just flu. But, flu season usually averages around 7% death rate according to their data.

Based on the numbers for C19 it looks like 4% according to the CDC numbers.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
                    https://gis.cdc.gov/grasp/fluview/mortality.html

Pneumonia and Flu they have tied together as flu usually causes Pneumonia and that leads to death more often than just flu. But, flu season usually averages around 7% death rate according to their data.

Based on the numbers for C19 it looks like 4% according to the CDC numbers.
                    Man maybe I am just fucking retarded but I can not find anything on those links that supports that. What I am finding is a case mortality rate for influenza is under 1% vs 4.8% with Covid.

Comment

Stevo

Comment

A lot more worried about my wife being a teacher, than my kids. All 3 are going to be in school this year though.
                        Originally posted by MR EDD
                        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

This is from Johns Hopkins -

Deaths
                          COVID-19: There have been approximately 549,900 deaths reported worldwide. In the U.S, 132,309 people have died of COVID-19, as of July 9, 2020.*

Flu: The World Health Organization estimates that 290,000 to 650,000 people die of flu-related causes every year worldwide.

In the U.S., from Oct. 1, 2019 – Apr. 4, 2020, the CDC estimates that 24,000 to 62,000 people died from the flu. (The CDC does not know the exact number because the flu is not a reportable disease in most parts of the U.S.)

The COVID-19 situation is changing rapidly. Since this disease is caused by a new virus, people do not have immunity to it, and a vaccine may be many months away. Doctors and scientists are working to estimate the mortality rate of COVID-19, but at present, it is thought to be substantially higher than that of most strains of the flu.

Comment

Not in the least. The Pediatrics Association recommended all kids go back to school, but no politician or the CDC listened to them.

Comment

I will not put my kids through that shit show if the CDC guidelines stay the same. The kids have to go to 1 classroom the entire day, they eat there, they don't get to go to the gym or recess, they have to wear masks, when it's time for them to go home you have to stagger your pick ups or if they ride the bus it's 1 child to a seat with an empty seat between them. I will home school them again weather it's an option through the school or not.

Comment

Working...
                              X