Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/bbcode/url.php on line 2 Eat a massive burger in 12 mins or less for $400? - DFW Mustangs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eat a massive burger in 12 mins or less for $400?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eat a massive burger in 12 mins or less for $400?

Can't believe I'm even posting this but guys standing around the water cooler shooting the sh*t has morphed into a burger eating challenge with $400 in the pot. By tomorrow another guy may throw another Franklin in the pot. Local burger joint has a burger called the zipper ripper. Challenge is you have to finish it and the fries in 12 mins or less. I said that's stupid to try that, then after a few mins of ribbing, a challenge and people putting money in the pot if anyone would do it has me thinking. For $500 I might be crazy but am thinking of taking the challenge. If you do it in under 12 mins you get it free and your pic on the wall. If you don't it goes on the wall of shame.

My question is, how hard would this be to do and would there be any strategy to being successful? Thoughts?

burger, burgers, waco, lacy, lakeview, TSTC, Texas, State, Technical, College, Baylor, University, best, amazing, homemade, home, made, Texas, daves, barn, shakes

I think I could pull that off, I'm a real fast eater. With five patties and assuming they're 1/4 lb patties and 1lb of fries you're looking at roughly 2 1/4 lbs of food before adding buns, bacon, cheese, and veggies. Lets say roughly 2 1/2 to 2 3/4 lbs of food. I don't think that would be too hard unless you're a slow eater.

Comment

12 min? no way

Comment

Per the site it's been done in just over 8, stomach size is the limiting factor, and being willing to be farking miserable the rest of the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
          Per the site it's been done in just over 8, stomach size is the limiting factor, and being willing to be farking miserable the rest of the day.
          Just says you have to keep it down during the comp.

Comment

I worked at a restaurant that did something similar, and the guys that made it usually segregated te food, eating all the meat and veggies first then the fries/ bread. Bread is feeling and absorbs water making you feel full faster so they would save that for last.

Eff trying that though lol. I love burgers and would never want to tarnish my taste for them.

Comment

I could fuckin do it.

Comment

Watch some furious pete eating vids. Dip everything in water

Comment

Originally posted by Danny46 View Post
                  I worked at a restaurant that did something similar, and the guys that made it usually segregated te food, eating all the meat and veggies first then the fries/ bread. Bread is feeling and absorbs water making you feel full faster so they would save that for last.

Eff trying that though lol. I love burgers and would never want to tarnish my taste for them.
                  Segregation, hmm may think about it lol. Yea, I'm on the fence, more so leaning toward no, but $500 is awfully tempting. Yes, I assume you will be miserable all day lol.

Comment

Not bad, but kinda weak in comparison to the one I saw at dinner tonight. I'm in Jackson, MS for the week and went to this place called Burgers & Blues.

3-1LB Patties, cheese, lettuce, tomato, pickles, etc.. 1LB fries, and a vanilla shake. Total 5.5LBS!

Time to beat is 30 minutes to get it free. If you beat the current record of 15minutes 16 seconds, you get t-shirt, picture, and all the $$$ in the jackpot jar (unsure of amount). All this for $50!

Description – Triple layered towering burger with 3 patties, each weighing 1 full pound. – Loaded with lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, onions, ketchup, mustard, and mayo – There are 4 bun halves Read More »
                    2009 Mercedes C63 AMG

Comment

Originally posted by ftp View Post
                      I think I could pull that off, I'm a real fast eater. With five patties and assuming they're 1/4 lb patties and 1lb of fries you're looking at roughly 2 1/4 lbs of food before adding buns, bacon, cheese, and veggies. Lets say roughly 2 1/2 to 2 3/4 lbs of food. I don't think that would be too hard unless you're a slow eater.
                      Video said it's 2 lbs of meat, 1 lb of fries...then all the other stuff.

It also said the success rate is 8-9% which actually seems kinda high.

Comment

The killer here is the time. That's not a lot of time!! 500 bucks is a lot of money though lol

Comment

Fuck that, not worth the misery afterwards.

Comment

If you try it, post the video.

Comment

My stomach hursts thinking about it.

Comment

Working...
                              X