Judge orders that $1 million be returned to dancer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by talisman View Post
    Actually, as of this afternoon I'm off for the next month. Enjoy "smelling weed" on people to search their cars while I'm lounging around. I think I might go to the beach. Maybe even Europe. God I'm awesome.
    And to think I was going to offer you a Bowflex for the delivery fee of $20.

I was going to try to help you out of your physical misery, but you can fucking forget it. Your true colors show brilliantly and I wouldn't drop it off for a grand now......

Comment

• Originally posted by talisman View Post
      Why? You wouldn't get it. You never do.
      Fail.

Comment

• Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
        And to think I was going to offer you a Bowflex for the delivery fee of $20.

I was going to try to help you out of your physical misery, but you can fucking forget it. Your true colors show brilliantly and I wouldn't drop it off for a grand now......

1M? No one has that kind of money laying around!

Comment

Well, aren't you just a fucking saint. lmgdao
          Originally posted by BradM
          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
          Originally posted by Leah
          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I can say that I claimed the money.....doesn't make it true. I can also say I planned to build my own space shuttle......

Are you really that gullible?????
            Based on this, it sounds like you should have been in the "Who's who of fucking idiots"...
            Originally posted by racrguy
            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
            Originally posted by racrguy
            Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
              Well, aren't you just a fucking saint. lmgdao

Comment

• Holy drama batman..

Comment

• I can't stop laughing at the Who's Who thing. I seriously have not laughed that hard at something on here since, well, the contact sports deal by strangely the same person. Late 40's, bragging on the internet about being on a high school who is who list, and ranking third in a class that probably had 3 people in it. We're talking some high comedy here, folks.

Comment

• I heard he once scored 4 touchdowns in a game for Polk High.
                    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                    HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

• No wonder Matt wanted to be a cop. Someone scammed his mom for $20 back in the '80s.

There was much debate over the value of the book. Although it does not cost any money to be listed, it is often categorized as a scam since it is an attempt by a private company to make money through proud parents and students who purchase the book and various memorabilia (such as a "commemorative keychain") associated with the publication in attempt at recognition. There have been concerns about how students are nominated as well as whether the listing's entries are fact-checked and accurate[3][4]

The focus of another criticism was the fact of some students being excluded, apparently based on highly random or subjective factors, while others were included. In contrast to such things as academic, athletic, artistic or citizenship awards, which are based at least partly on demonstrable merit, these vanity publications seemed highly influenced by biased recommendations from teachers or even imaginary achievements stated by students (for example, claiming to star in school plays that never existed).

Another issue raised, particularly as regards private schools, is that publications of this kind serve to challenge the standards of (for example) a Roman Catholic institution which sets its own norms for students' success in areas beyond academics and activities.

It has also been stated that scholarships were awarded, but in most cases these were for only 200 dollars and assigned (won) by random chance, similar to a lottery drawing.

Students consent to being listed in Who's Who in the hope that this listing will be seen by college admissions offices as a significant recognition of a student's academic and extracurricular involvement. However, most admissions officers believe that the recognition has no such value and in fact some consider the "honor" to be a joke.[3][5] For instance, according to the admissions vice president of Hamline University, "It's honestly something that an admissions officer typically wouldn't consider or wouldn't play into an admissions decision," adding that Who's Who... is just trying to sell books.[4]

In the late 1970s the Fairfax High School (Fairfax VA) newspaper staff notified the school administration that they were submitting a false nomination to "Who's Who". They requested that if the publication contacted the school, it should be stated that the nomination was fake, and submitted as a joke. The fake student's listing appeared in that year's "Who's Who", without any attempt to verify the biography. The story was covered in the student newspaper that spring.[citation needed]

Comment

• I just want to kick over a new rock, and state for the record that I hate canine searches, and think they're bullshit.
                        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I'm not about to let two cowards named Brent and Arnold have free reign....
                          Hook, line and sinker.

Stevo
                          Originally posted by SSMAN
                          ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

• god damn, the pig is squealing like crazy in here.

Comment

• Is this worth reading or have I read something similar before?
                              Originally posted by talisman
                              I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                              Originally posted by AdamLX
                              If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                              Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                              Because fuck you, that's why
                              Originally posted by 80coupe
                              nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                              Originally posted by Rick Modena
                              ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                              Originally posted by Jester
                              Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

• It's the same old story: love and war.

Comment

Working...
                                X