Cop dies by hot dog vender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cop dies by hot dog vender

LITTLE ROCK, AR - The Little Rock Police Department (LRPD) says Todd Payne died after he was tackled in the middle of the street after trying to set a hot dog cart on fire.

The owner of the hot dog cart, Ean Bordeaux happens to be a local blog writer that's written articles on alleged corruption and included Payne, a former officer who had been fired for policy violation according to LRPD.

The two men knew each other and their feud ended Friday (4/18) morning.

Bordeaux says he didn't mean to kill the man that he says tried to destroy his livelihood and possibly his home too.

"I looked outside and my hot dog cart's on fire," Bordeaux showed the damage in front of his Little Rock home on Bragg Street. "This could have blown up the house."

Bordeaux woke up at about four in the morning to his dogs barking and this cart on fire.

"So I'm running down in my robe and putting it out with my hand," he showed the blistering on his hand.

He says he saw someone running away from the home but decided to call LRPD and wait.

15 minutes went by however and he saw the same person coming back.

"I see a masked white man -- and this is the hood, so I don't know what masked white-men are doing in the ghetto," Bordeaux questioned. "...He was wearing a mask."

It quickly became clear to him why as the man tried to start lighting the fire back up.

When Bourdeaux came back outside he says the masked man ran but Bourdeaux caught him in the street and tackled him, the man hitting the ground face first.

"We didn't fight or anything," he reassured when asked if he was trying to hurt the man. "Why should I? ... I knew the police were coming, I already called them. There was no need to hurt him, there was a need to hold him."

Police say however the man died from his injuries.

Bordeaux says he knew when he tackled the man he realized who it was.

"It's a former police officer named Todd Payne," Bordeaux remembered. "A person that I have on my blog site called corruptionsucksblog."

Bordeaux believes Payne was targeting him and his business in retaliation for what's been written.

Bordeaux says he wanted Payne to pay for lighting his cart on fire, just not with his life.

"Why would I want someone to die? he asked. "I want justice and justice doesn't require someone to die."

LRPD released Bordeaux without charges and despite investigating the case as a homicide. It will ultimately be up to the County Prosecutor to determine if criminal charges will be filed.

I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

lol!
    WH

Comment

Former cop.

Comment

More evidence not to eat out out of the food carts, street wieners will kill you.
        Jon

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
          Former cop.
          This whole sitatuation appears to have started from his fucktardery while a cop. People like him should never have been a cop in the first place.

Comment

Former cop.
            Starting to rekindle the fire, are ya?

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
              This whole sitatuation appears to have started from his fucktardery while a cop. People like him should never have been a cop in the first place.
              Well, he squeaked through, and was weeded out. What else were they supposed to do, let him stay? They identified a problem, and eliminated it. Y'all will bitch about anything.

Comment

So the guy that was a "former" cop went back to this guys house to retaliate for losing his job for being crooked as a barrel of snakes and harassing a hot dog vendor (business owner) and winds up dying? Sounds like justice was served or at the very least Darwinism did it's job...
                Originally posted by Silverback
                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Well, he squeaked through, and was weeded out. What else were they supposed to do, let him stay? They identified a problem, and eliminated it. Y'all will bitch about anything.
                  I am beginning to wonder what the process is like

It seem like they are not too good at weeding out the bad eggs. Mabye they just have to take what they can get cause not enough people apply?
                  WH

Comment

You're reaching on this on Frost.

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                    So the guy that was a "former" cop went back to this guys house to retaliate for losing his job for being crooked as a barrel of snakes and harassing a hot dog vendor (business owner) and winds up dying? Sounds like justice was served or at the very least Darwinism did it's job...
                    Confirmation bias is a bitch. Nice way to editorialize. He was dismissed in 2010. Hasn't been a cop for 4 years.

This isn't a cop story. It was an incident where the word "cop" was added to make it a story worth printing.

Comment

I guess i have dislexia because at first i thought this said

Hot dog dies by cop vendor
                      WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post

It seem like they are not too good at weeding out the bad eggs. Mabye they just have to take what they can get cause not enough people apply?
                        I have no idea what it's like now, but I went trough it in 1991, and FTW was under an Affirmative Action mandate back then. White guys were a dime a dozen.

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post

"Do you swear to uphold the highest of standards and to serve the community in which you are employed?"

"Can I lie about shit so I can fuck people up?"

"Hmm?"

"Oh, nevermind, yep sure do."

Comment

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
                            You're reaching on this on Frost.

Confirmation bias is a bitch. Nice way to editorialize. He was dismissed in 2010. Hasn't been a cop for 4 years.

This isn't a cop story. It was an incident where the word "cop" was added to make it a story worth printing.
                            You should have seen the title before I shortened it. His death was directly tied to actions he took as a cop so...I'll allow it

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                              You should have seen the title before I shortened it. His death was directly tied to actions he took as a cop so...I'll allow it
                              You should have left the "cop" out, but you didn't.

Comment

Working...
                              X