Auto loan craziness article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
    1. Do brake pads really last less than 7 years? I've never actually paid attention to how often I change mine
    2. You have to pay to read the full article about how people can't afford new cars lol
    https://github.com/iamadamdev/bypass-paywalls-chrome if you're interested in readin the full article

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
      Really rolling the dice if you are in the metroplex IMO.
      Definitely, but I don't drive many miles. The cars I drive aren't really high end by any stretch, and typically are the base model. The last time I could have gotten burned by not having collision I was instead fortunate that the at-fault driver had legit insurance, actually stopped (shocking!), and a witness gave me their contact info.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
        Something exciting and fun to drive is often not worthwhile to have around here anymore thanks to gridlocked freeways.
        I'm looking to get out of my Mustang at some point sooner than expected specifically because of the new commute, but there are still a ton of more exciting options than a vanilla used commuter. To each their own, it's just strange to see that posted on an enthusiast website.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
          This is a really good point and the one exception. What I've found is that the 0% financing typically includes less rebates however.

So your purchase price is higher in the end.
          This is true, you get one or the other, but I received 0% for 72 on my Explorer Sport a year ago and I also got $5k off from the dealer. It was the last of the 18's and they had a lot full of them, they had 33 Explorers on the lot and 10 of them were Sports and the 19's were getting dropped off...
          Originally posted by Silverback
          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
            I'm looking to get out of my Mustang at some point sooner than expected specifically because of the new commute, but there are still a ton of more exciting options than a vanilla used commuter. To each their own, it's just strange to see that posted on an enthusiast website.
            You gonna let us have a chance on the stang before you get rid of it?

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
              I still have two sn-95 Mustangs, both bought new in 2003 and 2004, but don't drive them nearly as much because the other two cars still carry a warranty.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                You gonna let us have a chance on the stang before you get rid of it?
                This guy sang karaoke at my house party and we may or may not have had sex, I get first dibs on that Roush toy...
                Originally posted by Silverback
                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                  This guy sang karaoke at my house party and we may or may not have had sex, I get first dibs on that Roush toy...
                  Well shit... I'll fuck for a Roush, too.

Comment

lol The ass-end and "mouth" are Roush at least, that's all you gents are in it for anyways it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeb View Post
                      Maybe I'm in the minority but it seems to me that the trend toward taking out mega car loans to buy "all the bells and whistles" is a really bad idea.

Most of those bells and whistles are electronic - it will kill you financially if you have to have it fixed, and the electronic parts will dry up in just a few years because the components used to make the widgets will no longer be available.

These is one of the reasons that new cars no longer interest me. Price is another reason - $50k for a pickup truck? Insane.
                      Oh I agree. When I bought my Camaro, I went with the 1SS, because I wasn't going to pay $10k extra for stuff like leather panels and heated/cooled seats.

Comment

those 10 year car loans are just dumb

Comment

Saw this article today talking about high car prices. The points made in the article agree with what everyone is saying here - auto prices are too high and a recession is going to knock the bottom out of the auto industry.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeb View Post
                            Saw this article today talking about high car prices. The points made in the article agree with what everyone is saying here - auto prices are too high and a recession is going to knock the bottom out of the auto industry.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/gm-fo...145336365.html
                            GM will go bankrupt or try to merge with another company during the next recession.

In order for these companies to survive, the government regulation is going to have to stop. The bullshit is never ending and every bit of it costs tons of money.
                            Originally posted by racrguy
                            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                            Originally posted by racrguy
                            Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

At least 50% of “high car prices” are due to the buyers. Buyers now insist on large SUV’s with leather, heated & cooled seats ( not needed with cloth seats), nav. system, apple car play, power everything and cameras all over. You can still buy a decently equipped new car or truck for less than $30K, but most a quite willing to sign up for a $50K to $70K vehicle. No one thinks long term, only about what they want today. That is why we have become a nation of fat, broke people, with no plan for tomorrow.
                              Last edited by white trash wagon; 10-06-2019, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by white trash wagon View Post
                                At least 50% of “high car prices” are due to the buyers. Buyers now insist on large SUV’s with leather, heated & cooled seats ( not needed with cloth seats), nav. system, apple car play, power everything and cameras all over. You can still buy a decently equipped new car or truck for less than $30K, but most a quite willing to sign up for a $50K to $70K vehicle. No one thinks long term, only about what they want today. That is why we have become a nation of fat, broke people, with no plan for tomorrow.
                                Ehhh...some of this is true but not close to 50%.

I wanted the advanced safety features but they only offered them on the 60K plus truck packages. So people had to either do without those features... which I did...or buy a bunch of other crap like heated and cooled seats.

It would cost me 30K to get the 5K worth of features I wanted.

This is by design...there are teams researching how to squeeze those last few dollars out of suckers that will bend over to 8 years of payments. Marketing in this case is just exploitation.

Comment

Working...
                                X