Who would steal an 2000 Malibu?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who would steal an 2000 Malibu?

So my mom's car overheated last night and she left it on the shoulder of I-20 and Duncanville. A hose blew up. I went this morning to check it out and the mfer was gone. We called the city, sherif dept, everyone and their mom and no one has it. They finally told me it was stolen.

Somebody stole that ugly thing with a flatbed. Lol. Battery was dead from my mom trying to crank it up and it had no water.

I think they might have done us a favor... blessing in disguise?

On a side note, I hate thieves.

I doubt anyone "stole" it, but I could be wrong. You'll probably get a certified letter from an impound in the next 10-14 days. It's a bit of scam, but happens. I've heard of plenty of tow companies that pick up cars on the highway and say they got say at a gas station they tow for bc it was abandoned....

I guess we will see. Think of it as they borrowed it, to rip you off of a few hundred bucks. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$CHOO$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$CHOO$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$
    Owner of Titan Towing

We have your towing needs covered!
    http://www.titantowing.net
    -------------------------------

Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here to become a paid member!

Comment

A bit of a scam?
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
        A bit of a scam?
        Hah.

Comment

Wouldn't that technically be stealing? If they didn't ask for a tow and it wasn't there long enough to be considered abandoned.

Comment

I heard gasser64 scammed a Nigerian prince!

Comment

Man....Id kill to have a 00 Malibu, lucky sumbitches!

Comment

Like stated above; It's sitting in an impound lot and you'll soon be receiving a letter.

It's not a bit of a scam. Wrecker companies have been fleecing people for years with this extortion racket.

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                  A bit of a scam?
                  Seriously. To me that's outright theft. IIRC, you are allowed to let your car sit on the side of the road for several days until they put that orange sticker on it and then you have a very limited time. I don't know what all the exact time limits are. Some scumbag towing company taking it before that time? I'd be very tempted to "recover my assets" from their place of business.

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
                  I heard gasser64 scammed a Nigerian prince!
                  No scam, he owed me money
                  WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                    Seriously. To me that's outright theft. IIRC, you are allowed to let your car sit on the side of the road for several days until they put that orange sticker on it and then you have a very limited time. I don't know what all the exact time limits are. Some scumbag towing company taking it before that time? I'd be very tempted to "recover my assets" from their place of business.

No scam, he owed me money
                    24 to 72 hours depending on the location and city, unless it is in the roadway, any little bit. Yes I would consider it theft if some dipshit picked it up with a wrecker, not contracted by the PD. Car would have been entered stored abandoned though if towed by the PD or Sherrif, which gives the officer a hit if he runs it, like a stolen would, and tells where it is, and why it was towed. Well, should be that is. We can also tow if they are not securable and have anything of value in them. Like say someone knocks the window out of it. Dallas County works that area a lot and Duncanville would have no clue if they towed it, if it was not entered stored abandoned.
                    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Head gaskets are probably blown. Might as well let em have it.

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                        24 to 72 hours depending on the location and city, unless it is in the roadway, any little bit. Yes I would consider it theft if some dipshit picked it up with a wrecker, not contracted by the PD. Car would have been entered stored abandoned though if towed by the PD or Sherrif, which gives the officer a hit if he runs it, like a stolen would, and tells where it is, and why it was towed. Well, should be that is. We can also tow if they are not securable and have anything of value in them. Like say someone knocks the window out of it. Dallas County works that area a lot and Duncanville would have no clue if they towed it, if it was not entered stored abandoned.
                        So do you see a lot of cars described in your post, end up at the police auction? And do you ever work the police auction
                        WH

Comment

I bet the police are no help.

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                            So do you see a lot of cars described in your post, end up at the police auction? And do you ever work the police auction
                            No and No. They have to send a certified letter to the registered owners address giving them 30 days or more to pick up their ride. It's not a police auction. That is all the wrecker service, and they get all the profit.
                            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by MattB View Post
                              I bet the police are no help.
                              I can't remember who tows for county but it may be 24 Hour Wrecker or J and N depending on who is on rotation. DPD is easy they go to Villbig. Agencies have no idea what other agencies are doing generally. If I had to guess it would either be DSO or Duncanville, since he called Duncanville, I would call DSO next. Actually I would find out who tows for them and just call them direct. I have seen cars go to auction and pop up stolen. Hell if my guys towed one during day shift, and did not enter it stored abandoned, I would have no way of knowing. Some of the newer CAD systems alert to any contact with a vehicle, but a lot of them do not.

I see he called county so a quick edit. I would still call the wrecker services. My question is how did they come to the conclusion it was stolen, and with a flatbed? Maybe someone saw it being loaded? Just curious what they said.
                              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Working...
                              X