No announcement yet.

Talk me INTO a Land Rover Defender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would stay away from. The Defender. Do they look cool, yes. It pretty much ends there. My dad has worked the parts counter at a Land Rover dealer for a few decades and he always has stories of back ordered parts, gremlins, etc.

I would ask about their maintenance schedule and associated costs as well.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
      I would stay away from. The Defender. Do they look cool, yes. It pretty much ends there. My dad has worked the parts counter at a Land Rover dealer for a few decades and he always has stories of back ordered parts, gremlins, etc.
      Oh I love Rover parts. Some parts come from Ford, some from BMW, some are Jaguar and now they use ZF transmissions. Some trim pieces are hand manufactured in the UK. So you've got a BMW engine that'd normally have a ZF transmission anyway but the Indian engineers at Tata want to put their spin on it. So they rewrite all the coding to communicate with the Rover dash and all it's HVAC and infotainment BS and lovely chocolate insulated wiring.

Take reliable components and make them more expensive and less reliable and infinitely more complicated to repair. That's the Land Rover business strategy.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
        Just drop the body from the Range Rover on to a 4Runner rolling chassis you would be way ahead of the game.
        But what about all that fancy off roading stuff that land rover has, that toyota doesn't have? All those parts. Like the weird 4wd stuff. You'd have to trash all that.
        WH

Comment

Working...
        X