No announcement yet.

Got a mid-school BMX bike again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im on some old guy BMX groups. Its not uncommon to see guys discussing injuries...
    Sadly, one of the local guys at Desoto Pro Leland Hills died last month as a result of a crash at Desoto. Leland was a good guy. When I went back to the track he helped me a lot to understand the "new" pump style track. He left behind a wife and 2 kids..

Comment

• Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
      Im on some old guy BMX groups. Its not uncommon to see guys discussing injuries...
      Sadly, one of the local guys at Desoto Pro Leland Hills died last month as a result of a crash at Desoto. Leland was a good guy. When I went back to the track he helped me a lot to understand the "new" pump style track. He left behind a wife and 2 kids..
      Yeah I heard about Leland. I used to ride with him, Kevin Gentry, Jason Carnes, etc. back in the 90s. They’d all come out to Meadowbrook, GSW, and some to Riverside.
      Originally posted by PGreenCobra
      I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
      Originally posted by Trip McNeely
      Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
      dont downshift!!
      Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Im on some old guy BMX groups. Its not uncommon to see guys discussing injuries...
        Damn that sucks! I think I'll likely just ride it around and not try to race it...
        Originally posted by stevo
        Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Just get a cruiser. They make some nice 24's,26's and 29 ers.

And the old guys are back at the track btw. I hit Desoto after I turned 50. Haven't been to the track since I moved to the Hill Country, but I have 2 within an hour of here. I have to say though, Spyder Mountain is my favorite right now. Its an hour up the road as well
          I started riding mountain bikes again a few years back and realized that dirtbikes are safer. Both need technical expertise but only one relies on the pilots engine to clear shit.

Oh, and here is my Colnago and WTF, the new Brooks seat is not in the pic as I just added it but it is cool. Slick ad F though.

I did a whole Cruiser review in 19. Most hurt my ass after ten miles more than any tiny road bike seat.

As we get older....................... So, while I love my road, mountain and recumbent, I wanted something different for a upright, night bike. The recumbents are great but pothole recognition is terrible at night even with my lights. I only recently realized I could ride a race bike again after breaking every bone in the ole
          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

• Well my youngest son (11) told me his BMX bike feels too cramped, it's a 20" bike but on the small side, and that he wanted something better. so I started shopping around for another Robinson and found a 99 Pro frame/fork/handlebar/seat/stem setup for $300 shipped. Then while shopping for the rest of the parts a few days later I found a 93 Amtrac frame and fork set for $500 shipped so I snagged that to replace the 92 Pro frame that I started this thread with for my 14 year old son.

After that I knew I needed some new wheels as well so I decided to upgrade my wheels and use the TNT set on the 93 Amtrac. The only thing I'm waiting on is the shipping for the chain and the brake for the 99 Pro now, but should have it done in like a week.

Anyways, pics! (The 99 with the blue wheels is mine, the 93 with the chrome wheels is for my oldest, and the 99 Pro white bike is for my youngest.)

Stevo

Comment

• very nice bikes! you invested some money in those

Comment

• Originally posted by scootro View Post
                very nice bikes! you invested some money in those
                Yeah, not cheap, especially on my 99. As it sits I think it's between $2,500-$3,000 just for it.

Stevo

Comment

• Fuck yea dude those are bad ass!!
                  "PSH!!!"

Comment

Working...
                  X