I took my 15 GT to an autocross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I took my 15 GT to an autocross

This past Sunday I went down to Lonestar park and had some fun putting the Mustang through it's paces. Not going to lie, I'm not good at tarmac. lol
    I really need more seat time. The car had plenty of grip, I just kept chickening out on the turns. only hit one cone and it was on this run. I think I'm going to throw a sway bar on the 83 ranger and take it to an event. I don't want to put unnecessary wear on the Mustang. anyway enjoy the video, it was shot with my Gopro Max 360 camera and edited with my phone.

That looks fun as fuck!!!!!!
    Originally posted by stevo
    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Who wants to babysit my 5 kids? I need to do this.

Comment

haha, not it!

Comment

Drag racing is fun, autocross is more fun, and rallycross is more fun than that.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
            Drag racing is fun, autocross is more fun, and rallycross is more fun than that.
            X2 on Rallycross

Also if you go out to Eagles Canyon or MSR Cresson for a road course run...you'll never do autocross again.
            Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

Originally posted by Murph Tang View Post
              X2 on Rallycross

Also if you go out to Eagles Canyon or MSR Cresson for a road course run...you'll never do autocross again.
              I don't have the money for eagles canyon.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
                Who wants to babysit my 5 kids? I need to do this.
                Are they able to reliably fetch tools or beer?

Comment

Originally posted by Murph Tang View Post
                  X2 on Rallycross

You are totally right. The best place to run a car though for the money is probably Hallett if you can get to the Tulsa area.

I wanted to do rallycross this weekend. But from where I live now it was going to be a $500 trip and I own my trailer and all the vehicles involved. Fuel prices, one night in a hotel and entry fees. Ouch. I guess I won't be doing 12 events a year anymore unless I can get something more local going. Rallycross is now a 5 hour drive or 6 hour drive for me. Autocross is a 3 hour drive. I need to talk to the local guys about having a rallycross venue here again. I could clearly put some money of my own into site development and come out ahead.

I need to go to a Big O event that NTX does too and see how that works because there are dirt tracks here.

Comment

You are totally right. The best place to run a car though for the money is probably Hallett if you can get to the Tulsa area.

I wanted to do rallycross this weekend. But from where I live now it was going to be a $500 trip and I own my trailer and all the vehicles involved. Fuel prices, one night in a hotel and entry fees. Ouch. I guess I won't be doing 12 events a year anymore unless I can get something more local going. Rallycross is now a 5 hour drive or 6 hour drive for me. Autocross is a 3 hour drive. I need to talk to the local guys about having a rallycross venue here again. I could clearly put some money of my own into site development and come out ahead.

I need to go to a Big O event that NTX does too and see how that works because there are dirt tracks here.
                    come out to big o (it's the next race) money is useless fake and evil, spend it all on wholesome things like racecars and booze, it's what Jesus wants you to do.

Comment

I heard a few guys on here say cross dress is even more fun.

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
                        I heard a few guys on here say cross dress is even more fun.
                        try all three and let us know what you like more.

Comment

The boss asked if I wanted a promotion.... uh yeah. The problem is there are only two of us at each site. So I have to wait for the Sr. guy to go, but then I'm probably it next. That raise would go a long way to feed the fun habit, since I live within my means now. So next year will likely be better and the year after that yippee. My boss on site has to move in 2 years, and he needs to move to get his promotion and raise, so there's that. And his sons are all going off to college, so he'll probably move closer to one of them.

I will def be at Big O next year. I have an event at the end of October, and I need to get that car ready. And then I will likely sell it to start focusing on the other two and the truck more.

Comment

I don't know that I will ever get into rally cross as I am limited on space to store/work on cars... but once my notch is done I will certainly take it to some auto-x events. I doubt it will be competitive but I will have fun and that's all that matters.
                            Originally posted by stevo
                            Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
                              I don't know that I will ever get into rally cross as I am limited on space to store/work on cars... but once my notch is done I will certainly take it to some auto-x events. I doubt it will be competitive but I will have fun and that's all that matters.
                              the only thing I really worry about is improving my time. I don't worry about the other people's times.

Comment

Working...
                              X