The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by talisman View Post
    Social Network was actually pretty great. Lots of unconventional humor, moody as hell score, and very deliberate pacing. I was surprisingly impressed. Never did get around to seeing Zodiac.
    It's probably the single most boring piece of shit I've ever seen.
    How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by The Geofster View Post
      It's probably the single most boring piece of shit I've ever seen.

That is pretty much what I've heard from everyone, and at 3 hours long I haven't gotten around to forcing myself into seeing it.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
        Curious Case of Benjamin Button was horrible IMO. About 40 minutes in I realized I was watching a Forrest Gump retread. Then I got on imdb and found out they were both done by the same writer.

I liked it cause i thought it was different. I guess i can kind of see the Forrest Gump relation now that you mention it.

Didn't know he directed The Game until i just looked it up, that was pretty good too.

Comment

Yeah, I liked The Game. Also liked Panic Room, though it seems I'm in the minority there.

Comment

This is seriously one of the best movies I've seen in several years, from nearly every aspect of film making. Out on Bluray today.

Comment

Just did some searching and they are planning on making both sequels. YES. Daniel Craig and Rooney Mara are both signed up. Hopefully Fincher will be on board. Maybe all the Oscar nominations and 1 win will help persuade him.

According to Sony, the Girl With the Dragon Tattoo sequel, The Girl Who Played With Fire, is still moving forward despite the lingering perception that Dragon Tattoo has underperformed. “[Dragon Tattoo] continues to do strong business and nothing has changed with respect to development of the next book,” a Sony rep tells EW. In November, Sony Pictures co-chairman Amy Pascal told us that The Girl Who Played With Fire was definitely a go, with a targeted late-2013 release date.

But Dragon Tattoo, which has grossed $60 million in the U.S. since its release on Dec. 20, is being perceived as something of a box-office disappointment (although moviegoers are enthusiastic — it received an A from audience-survey firm CinemaScore — and it seems to be holding up well over time as it chugs toward the $100 million mark). Given the film’s merely decent performance, there’s been much speculation about whether Sony will now actually move forward with the sequel. But the Sony rep tells us that “development continues” on the sequel and Steven Zaillian is still working on the script as planned.

So far no director has committed to the project (Fincher hasn’t yet decided whether to return), but according to Pascal, stars Rooney Mara and Daniel Craig are both already signed up for the other two films. Last month Mara told EW she’d love to play Lisbeth again. “I don’t feel finished with the character,” she said. “I’m not ready to go back there yet, but I think by the time we start, I will be.”

Comment

I'm about half way done with the 3rd book. Wanted to read all three before watching the movies, overall I like them alot... Lisbeth's character is very unique.

I'm not sure if I should watch the Swedish version first, then the American version... either way, I'm sure they're both decent.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny_Stang View Post
                  I'm about half way done with the 3rd book. Wanted to read all three before watching the movies, overall I like them alot... Lisbeth's character is very unique.

I'm not sure if I should watch the Swedish version first, then the American version... either way, I'm sure they're both decent.
                  I haven't read the books. Went and saw the American version, and I thought it was a kick ass flick. So I then watched all three of the Swedish versions, and they were all good as well, IMO.
                  Originally posted by BradM
                  But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                  Originally posted by Leah
                  In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

JUst saw the american version and it was very interesting, look forward to seeing the others to answer some lingering questions about Lisbeths character
                    Originally posted by Nash B.
                    Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Fell asleep during the american version last night. From what I saw the original was MUCH better.
                      www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Same thing I thought. Definitley liked seeing that Rooney chic's stuff even if it was pierced, tattoo'd and goth.
                        Handyman, classic car and antique jukebox collector/restorer, and all around good guy.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mikec View Post
                          Fell asleep during the american version last night. From what I saw the original was MUCH better.
                          What? They are nearly identical. Even down to the conversations.
                          Originally posted by BradM
                          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                          Originally posted by Leah
                          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Just watched the American version. It was a damn good movie and had me wondering for a good while throughout the movie. Oh, and Rooney Mara is fucking hot and did an awesome job on her part.
                            2004 Mustang GT: BBK shorty headers, BBK O/R X, Flowmaster catback, JLT cold air, Trickflow 75mm TB and Plenum, UD pulleys, upper and lower CA's, 3.73, SCT XCal 2 ---- SOLD

Comment

I saw both versions but got more of the story line from the american version. Also, I dont remember the lasting attraction between Lisbeth and Daniel Craig, or the jacket purchase. Maybe they took some creative liberties or more likely I fell asleep or am just getting old.

The Lisbeth character is unique and sells the movie. Her defining moment was the bedroom scene when she directly confronts Daniel Craig setting on the bed, pulls down her panties with cooter at point blank range.

And of course, love seeing those nice young boobies.....
                              Handyman, classic car and antique jukebox collector/restorer, and all around good guy.

sigpic

Comment

Good movie, I watched it Sunday.
                                04 GT
                                91 LX

Comment

Working...
                                X