X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mind Bottling.

Comment

More from Elon.

Ok, looks like we got some killer footage from the chase plane. Big ocean, small ship. Posting vid shortly

It is a lot like Lunar Lander, except with 6X higher gravity and a tiny landing area. There are nitrogen thrusters at top of rocket. Either not enough thrust to stabilize or a leg was damaged. Data review needed.

If this works, I'm treating myself to a volcano lair. It's time.

Last edited by Strychnine; 04-14-2015, 08:24 PM.

Comment

That's fucking awesome.

Just wish they would have extended the video a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
          That's fucking awesome.

Agreed. He posted it on Vine (for a twitter post) which has a 6 sec time limit.

Comment

Elon:
            Looks like the issue was stiction in the biprop throttle valve, resulting in control system phase lag. Should be easy to fix.

Comment

They use International/Navistar parts?

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                Elon:
                Looks like the issue was stiction in the biprop throttle valve, resulting in control system phase lag. Should be easy to fix.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

SpaceX Engineer ‏@SpaceXEngineer

Holy cow... We got go-pro footage from the barge... It's unreal! Literally landed and then tipped over, ACS thrusters trying their hardest

Update: Apparently this guy is not supposed to be posting these things.

From other SpaceX people:

Adam Libert
                  @AdamLibert - I build robots that build rockets. Weekdays @ SpaceX // Weekends @ JTree, Yosemite, Bishop, Red Rocks, Ouray, Alta, Tahoe, and Mammoth

@SpaceXEngineer not cool, man. check the folder again and you'll see what's happened now.
                  Amanda
                  @alias_amanda - Space, science, and tech enthusiast. Mission Operations Engineer at SpaceX. Explorer of the great outdoors.

@AdamLibert @SpaceXEngineer I second this. Plus, you’re risking your job.
                  Tony Danger Coiro
                  @TonyDangerCoiro - Physicist, mediocre entreprenuer and adventure capitalist working at SpaceX.

@AdamLibert I agree. "This is why we can't have nice things."
                  Bryce Salmi
                  @KB1LQC - Amateur radio operator, electronics experimenter, guitarist, mountain biker, RIT Alumni, and Avionics EE at SpaceX. All post are my own opinion.

@alias_amanda @AdamLibert @SpaceXEngineer Third

https://www.reddit.com/r/spacex/comm...ge_its/cqdexdy … Why I'm not a fan of @SpaceXEngineer
                  Last edited by Strychnine; 04-15-2015, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
                    That's fucking awesome.

Good quality, watch fullscreen.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                      Good quality, watch fullscreen.

Set to private
                      QuestionableContent-Awesome Webcomic

Comment

Originally posted by Jewrrick View Post
                        Set to private
                        Daaaaaamn. It was badass... And 23 sec long instead of 6. That fucker REALLY wanted to stay upright, but ended up tipping to the left and ending in a boom-bitch.

Comment

Wait, someone saved it: http://www.filedropper.com/crs-6firststagelanding
                          And here (1080p HD): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3K...ew?usp=sharing
                          And here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/suqgs62xp8...1crr0.mp4?dl=0

And also tried to re-upload. We'll see how long it stays on youtube.

lol bless the internet.

And here: https://youtu.be/xnvJea4kJX8

If this was leaked by that "spacexengineer" person on twitter I'll bet they are out on the street by the end of the day.
                          Last edited by Strychnine; 04-15-2015, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Barge video

Comment

That's insane.

Comment

This whole time we've been told only government can get things into space and back and it takes trillions of tax dollars to do it with a massive bureaucracy that has to be paid for. These guys are amazing.
                                I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Working...
                                X