Is there a financial guru on here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a financial guru on here?

I have questions about my 401k and cashing it out to move over to an IRA. I'll be up front and say that I'm looking for free advice. I don't want to air it over the board either so if you can please send me a PM, that would be best.

TIA!
    Owner of Titan Towing

We have your towing needs covered!
    http://www.titantowing.net
    -------------------------------

Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here to become a paid member!

buy silver!!!!11!1!!!

Comment

I'm not a financial adviser but I've done this multiple times. Every time I switched jobs, I rolled the 401k from the old job into a traditional IRA. You don't have to "cash out" and take the penalty. Talk to Vanguard or whoever about a traditional IRA and they'll walk you through what you need to do to roll it over. It's quite simple really.

If you want to cash out your 401k then invest that into a Roth IRA, then you'll need a real financial adviser for that. However, I'm sure one will advise against it.
      Last edited by Leah; Yesterday at 10:18 PM.

Comment

I have rolled 3 401ks in to one ROLLOVER IRA. Just notify your old 401k plan administrator that you want to rollover your funds into a rollover IRA you've established with whomever is your new plan you've setup.

They will either have you fill out a form or conference in the other firm and set up everything for you. Your old 401k plan administrator will mail you a check, you mail that check (and forms) directly to your IRA administrator in a few days you'll see the new funds in your IRA account.

All tax free, takes only a few days, and is easy. And you're not taxed on anything and there is no fees to do any of this.

Comment

throw a rock in any direction....

Comment

Dude, call up T Rowe Price, Fidelity, or Vanguard and talk to them about doing a free rollover to an IRA.
            Ford
            GM
            Toyota
            VAG

Comment

lo3oz
              Originally posted by davbrucas
              I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                lo3oz
                I see what you did there.

Fuck you, Kyle. That shit is funny.
                Originally posted by BradM
                But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                Originally posted by Leah
                In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

If you could pm me the account numbers and your personal info/passwords, I'd be more than happy to get everything moved for you.

Comment

Only person on the board that I would trust is Slow99.

Comment

Originally posted by stephen4785 View Post
                      Only person on the board that I would trust is Slow99.
                      Yeah because a 401k rollover requires an IB.
                      Ford
                      GM
                      Toyota
                      VAG

Comment

I've bought low and sold high, but will forfeit a fortune for a good whiskey.

Comment

Originally posted by quikag View Post
                          Yeah because a 401k rollover requires an IB.
                          Because there's plenty of idiots on this board that could screw that up.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                            I've bought low and sold high, but will forfeit a fortune for a good whiskey.
                            Sage advice.

Comment

Working...
                            X