Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do a gtr swap!

Comment

I know nothing about these cars... How big a motor can u squeeze in them??? 4cyl or can u get a I6 or even Nissan v8?

Comment

Originally posted by Tannerm View Post
        I know nothing about these cars... How big a motor can u squeeze in them??? 4cyl or can u get a I6 or even Nissan v8?

See post #13
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I love the 510. They make cool little projects. I second the VQ35 if it will fit.
          Originally posted by Leah
          Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
            I've always thought the 510's were super cool. Wasn't a concept car of a new 510 just intro'ed a few days ago? Seem to remember something about it.
            We're not sure if someone from The Adjustment Bureau stopped by Nissan's PR department to explain the IDx Nismo and IDx Freeflow concepts, but the company's odd press release can't diminish our love for these two show favorites. We had been told to look out for an unnamed Datsun 510 BRE homage, and once we saw the brothers IDx, we knew we'd found them. But the press release doesn't mention anything about the Datsun 510

Found it after reading this article. Pretty cool little 620 with an sr20de.

It's a little strange. but this is the second Datsun 620 pickup I've spotlighted in as many months. While both of the 620s are powered by SR20 engines, they otherwise couldn't be more different. The one we saw last month was a turbocharged tuner's take on the old pickup, this one is quite different. This …
            Last edited by kirbster; 11-21-2013, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Man, I still kick myself for not hauling home the 510 wagon that was abandoned near me when I was younger.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren M View Post
                Direction for the suspension? Street, strip, or corners? I see one around Whitesettlment from time to time. Sweet look'n ride. I'd love to see one w/ properly extended fenders, e.g. steel wide body kit. I wonder if Datsun/Nissan had "good" steel back then. The stuff most cars use today will barely move, much less allow being bumped out to a wide body.
                I would set it up for corners. I would like to get into some time trial stuff to see if I like it. I would also want it to be able to daily drive it if I wanted. I know I should pick a direction and stay with it, but I think it's possible to have a car that handles well, but also gets around a track efficiently.
                Owner of Titan Towing

We have your towing needs covered!
                http://www.titantowing.net
                -------------------------------

Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here to become a paid member!

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle View Post
                  I would set it up for corners. I would like to get into some time trial stuff to see if I like it. I would also want it to be able to daily drive it if I wanted. I know I should pick a direction and stay with it, but I think it's possible to have a car that handles well, but also gets around a track efficiently.
                  Just in case you're interested. I have a great tune in Forza 4 for my Datsun 510. Handles great, accelerates great. Just say the word and I'll give you all my settings.

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                  "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                    Just in case you're interested. I have a great tune in Forza 4 for my Datsun 510. Handles great, accelerates great. Just say the word and I'll give you all my settings.

lol

I fired up Forza and ran a stock Miata on RA after we got back to try and get under our fastest lap the previous weekend. I wasnt able to, but I kept screwing up the same corner I did in real life.
                    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I owned a 69 and a 71 when I was in Ca, they are the really cool little cars. Check Ratsun, 510realm and the dime quarterly. I haven't seen and serious deals in the last 10 years though.
                      Ded

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                        lol

I fired up Forza and ran a stock Miata on RA after we got back to try and get under our fastest lap the previous weekend. I wasnt able to, but I kept screwing up the same corner I did in real life.
                        Haha, that's pretty funny. Is the track pretty accurate?

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle View Post
                          Completely doable. There will be compromises, but still, great street car w/ cornering capabilities is VERY doable.
                          Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                          There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                            Haha, that's pretty funny. Is the track pretty accurate?
                            Its really close. The ruble strips are wicked bumpy, and they will upset the car pretty badly if you get into them. On the game they arent a big deal. The game doesnt have flag stands, and I was using them on track to help with braking and turn-in points, but othewise it was close.
                            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
                            X