F'n Thieves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F'n Thieves

Keller area. My little sisters car got broken into (no you cant have pictures) and about 1K of her and her friends softball equipment and miscellaneous stuff including a class ring was stolen. I know to watch craigslist and pawn shops anything else we can do?

On a side note, local neighborhood crack head (chick) has a boyfriend who has been sitting in his car out front for hours on end over the last couple months. Nothing we can do about it since he is on a public street.

Where at in Keller?

Comment

North Fort Worth/Keller. Near N Tarrant and Park Vista

Comment

Originally posted by Danny46 View Post
        North Fort Worth/Keller. Near N Tarrant and Park Vista
        My car was broken into a few years back around there in Park Glen. I'm guessing it was on the street right? Also tell her for the future don't leave shit out to where people can see it. Car break ins start happening when it gets warmer.

Comment

can we get her phone number so we can text her

Comment

A friend of mine is Fort Worth Fuzz in that area, and he as repeatedly told me how bad that area is for car break-ins....burglary of vehicle and stolen vehicle both. Apparently there are quite a number of street-hoods that are referred to as "the warm-up crew" that have been plaguing that area for the past couple years.

They've caught several of them through sting operations, but overall the problem is continuing to grow.
            70' Chevelle RagTop
            (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Originally posted by Unicorn Jeff View Post
              My car was broken into a few years back around there in Park Glen. I'm guessing it was on the street right? Also tell her for the future don't leave shit out to where people can see it. Car break ins start happening when it gets warmer.
              Yeah it was in the street, it was right in front of my parents house in a pretty crime free neighborhood. Guess you just never know. She knows better now, guess you gotta find out the hard way. She works at a local fast food place and its going to take her a long time to make what that equipment is worth.

Linolnkid she is in high school.

We filed a police report and all that but there is not a lot they can do

Comment

She have comprehensive insurance on that car?
                2004 Z06 Commemorative Ed.

Comment

I don't believe so, think only liability. Would that cover belongings? I told her she needs to get renters insurance

Comment

I don't believe so, think only liability. Would that cover belongings? I told her she needs to get renters insurance
                    When I had a bunch of stuff stolen out of a car in front of my parents, they actually filed a claim on their homeowners and I got money back. Stuff inside was not covered under the car insurance policy. Only the damage to my car.

Comment

What kind of softball stuff? I'm assuming fastpitch? I have some extra slowpitch gloves and bats.
                      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                      HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

My understanding is that only renter's insurance covers personal property, and only the named person's property. Her friend's stuff wouldn't be covered.
                        Men have become the tools of their tools.
                        -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
                          can we get her phone number so we can text her
                          ^^^
                          lol

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                            What kind of softball stuff? I'm assuming fastpitch? I have some extra slowpitch gloves and bats.
                            Yeah fast pitch. She has enough extra old stuff to hold her over I think. Just sucks becasue she works her butt off and bought like a $300 bat last year and thats the one that got stolen.

They'll definitely be exploring their insurance options.

Comment

Just tell them what was taken out of the car, unless they ask if it all belonged to her everything will be paid. If she is a minor then your parents homeowners insurance should cover the loss, whether or not the deductible is more or less I don't know but I would look into it.
                              QuestionableContent-Awesome Webcomic

Comment

Working...
                              X