No announcement yet.

F'n Thieves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well file it under insurance... yeah its crime free except for that bullshit. That's one of the worst feeling ever coming out to see that to your own stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny46 View Post
      I don't believe so, think only liability. Would that cover belongings? I told her she needs to get renters insurance

Does Auto Insurance Cover Theft of Personal Belongings from My Car?
      If your policy contains comprehensive coverage, then you are insured against theft of personal possessions from your vehicle.

For future knowledge. It's not always a good idea to buy comprehensive, but if you park your car outside of a garage in a higher-crime and/or leave expensive stuff in your car it may be.

PS The "Stupid tax" on this situation is leaving $1000 worth of belongings in her car. That may be the best lesson learned here.
      2004 Z06 Commemorative Ed.

Comment

I've had cars burglarized 3-4 times over the last couple decades and long ago learned not to leave anything of high value in there. The only thing of any real value left in my truck on a regular basis is a Garmin Nav, but I think it was only about $100 or so anyhow.

Same reason I prefer to leave factory stereos in my cars. I usually add a sub, but that is typically hidden at least.

As to the crackhead's boyfriend sitting in his car in the street for hours.. I would start calling the non-emergency police line reporting a suspicious vehicle. Let them know that there have been car burglaries recently. If anything the cops should roll a unit by to check him out, and if that happens more than once then maybe he will quit sitting out there like that.

Comment

Fuck thieves.

girl softball players have nice legs and asses.

That's all I have to say about this.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
            Fuck thieves.

girl softball players have nice legs and asses.

That's all I have to say about this.
            You like the catchers huh

Comment

Originally posted by mschmoyer View Post
              http://www.autoinsurance.us/faq/2013...s-from-my-car/

Does Auto Insurance Cover Theft of Personal Belongings from My Car?
              If your policy contains comprehensive coverage, then you are insured against theft of personal possessions from your vehicle.

For future knowledge. It's not always a good idea to buy comprehensive, but if you park your car outside of a garage in a higher-crime and/or leave expensive stuff in your car it may be.

PS The "Stupid tax" on this situation is leaving $1000 worth of belongings in her car. That may be the best lesson learned here.
              Yes I agree. We told her to take her equipment down especially recently given the crackhead situation but it is what it is. You really just never think it'll happen to you I guess, especially not right in front of your own place. Its not a high crime neighborhoood at all and it wasnt in a n alley.

@Chili the situation has been approached a couple times now and the police are well aware of him. He has a heft record and they knew who he was by name. Unfortunately they cant do anything if hes not doing anything. He just sits in that car right in front of the house sometimes and its a public road. They are going to increase their presence. Local PD has been good and helpful as much as they can.

Comment

Go ahead and whip that crackhead's ass just in case.
                Originally posted by racrguy
                What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                Originally posted by racrguy
                Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                  Hahaha complimentary whoopin just for good measure? He'll get his via karma one day. He is homeless and lives out of a jeep, his time will come. Not worth the trouble for a grand of equipment. The neighborhood is on high alert for him now though.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                    This right here.

Hahaha complimentary whoopin just for good measure? He'll get his via karma one day. He is homeless and lives out of a jeep, his time will come. Not worth the trouble for a grand of equipment. The neighborhood is on high alert for him now though.
                    It won't be for nothing, most of the time these type of people are always fucking up, so an asswhipping is long over due. Just like Jesse on Breaking Bad, guy was always getting his ass kicked...
                    Originally posted by Silverback
                    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Yes I agree. We told her to take her equipment down especially recently given the crackhead situation but it is what it is. You really just never think it'll happen to you I guess, especially not right in front of your own place. Its not a high crime neighborhoood at all and it wasnt in a n alley.

@Chili the situation has been approached a couple times now and the police are well aware of him. He has a heft record and they knew who he was by name. Unfortunately they cant do anything if hes not doing anything. He just sits in that car right in front of the house sometimes and its a public road. They are going to increase their presence. Local PD has been good and helpful as much as they can.
                      Yeah.. The goal would be for the cops to stop and "chat" with him whenever he's out there in the hopes that he would get tired of them frequently "checking him out".

Comment

Hooray for profiling.
                        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                        HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                          Hooray for profiling.
                          Cops do it all day long, playa...
                          Originally posted by Silverback
                          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

And hooray for it!
                            Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                            HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

On a side note, local neighborhood crack head (chick) has a boyfriend who has been sitting in his car out front for hours on end over the last couple months. Nothing we can do about it since he is on a public street.
                              Call in random stuff to the police from different phones. Say he's out there jerking it, smoking pot, brandishing a firearm, etc...
                              Nothing will stick but he'll get tired of being messed with by the cops.

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                                Hooray for profiling.
                                I wouldn't call that profiling. I don't know the race, age, etc.. But find it suspicious that someone would spend so much time sitting in his car on the street where there have been burglaries recently. That's a legit complaint IMO.

I'm not going as far as Stephen mentioned, though the thought did cross my mind.

Comment

Working...
                                X