Got a mid-school BMX bike again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a mid-school BMX bike again

When I was 12 I wanted a Robinson Team model BMX bike SOOOOO bad but couldn't afford it, so I saved up enough to buy a Robinson SST model. It was more of an entry level but it was still a Robinson and it made other kids jealous. Well in my early 20's I had a storage unit and the bike was in there, I was broke a lot and couldn't keep up with storage payments. Of all the crap I had in there, the only thing I REALLY wanted to keep was that bike but I was dumb and just said screw it.

Well I was browsing craigslist yesterday after teaching my boy to ride his bike without training wheels and found a Robinson listed for $80... which is CHEAP. The guy didn't know much about it, and it's not all original or anything but is in mostly good shape and just needs some TLC. Turns out the frame is a 1992 Pro model (not the team that I wanted in 92 but one step down ain't bad) and has GT forks and some Mongoose parts like the cranks. Over the years I plan to restore it and try to make it as much all Robinson parts as I can, but first up will be the bars, seat, and goose neck cause they are terrible.

When I was a kid this is exactly what my bike looked like.

Originally posted by stevo
    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

I went for the cruiser...Got the OM last year, but decided I wanted to race again, so I bought the GHP a few months back...Haven't been to the track yet...

Comment

very nice... I also have a Verde in the garage that was just to ride around on with the kids but I couldn't pass up a Robinson so cheap and usable. I'll likely throw the Verde in the attic till my oldest is big enough for a 20".

Stevo

Comment

I like the old school stuff. I'd kill for a GJS if you ever run across one.

Comment

I rode street/dirt, I have a loaded Kink Revision B with all the best shit... From 2003.
          Originally posted by PGreenCobra
          I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
          Originally posted by Trip McNeely
          Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
          dont downshift!!
          Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

No GT pro world tour no care.

Comment

Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
              No GT pro world tour no care.
              I have a set of OG Powerlite 175mm. Hollaaaaaaaaa...
              I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
              dont downshift!!

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                How much? Pics?

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
                  I like the old school stuff. I'd kill for a GJS if you ever run across one.
                  I'm sure you can find what you want on bmxmuseum.com if you got cowskin rugs.

Stevo

Comment

Hahahahaha. I broke my fair share of those piece of shits.

Comment

Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
                      Hahahahaha. I broke my fair share of those piece of shits.
                      Mine has the upgraded Profile forged chromoly spindle and bearings.
                      dont downshift!!

Comment

Mine has the upgraded Profile forged chromoly spindle and bearings.
                        I think those were after my time.

Comment

Is that ghp a 20"? I'm in a similar boat as the OP, my daughter is learning to ride so I would like to get a bike to ride with her, so why not something badass since I couldn't afford it as a kid. Growing up reading and dreaming over a Dans Comp catalogue.
                          Detailing is an Obsession!!

1996 MYSTIC Cobra #405 of 2000

Fox Coupe "Calypso Killer"

Comment

No its the 24" cruiser. Got a KILLER deal on closeout. Its a great ride. I need a taller seat post for cruising though.
                            Theres a pretty decent DFW BMX swap meet on Facebook . There was a nice deal on a Redline MX24 on there the other day.

Comment

I've got this strange idea to get a new skateboard too. Havnt skated in 20 years haha

Comment

Working...
                              X