Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kid needs surgery... this will be a fun night.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best news all day!

Comment

Awesome! He's a bad ass

Comment

Awesome.
        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Happy for yall and hope he heals up good as new!

Comment

Glad to hear things are working out ok. Our worse was a 6+ hour ordeal with an Eye Surgeon repairing a severed tear duct from a BMX accident. My son was back racing in about 5 weeks.
            Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

Originally posted by 68RR View Post
              Glad to hear things are working out ok. Our worse was a 6+ hour ordeal with an Eye Surgeon repairing a severed tear duct from a BMX accident. My son was back racing in about 5 weeks.
              OUCH!!! I don't even want to know how the fuck that happened as a former BMX guy myself.

Kid is doing great, ate a full meal tonight, actually it was the meal I was cooking last night for my 40th birthday (dry aged ribeye and twice baked potatoes) that were about to go on the grill when he broke his arm. He barely complained at all today and even the nurses were impressed with how well he handled it.

Another piece of good news is Children's Plano (as of this afternoon) knew of no cases of Covid-19 in the building and it was really quiet there.
              Originally posted by stevo
              Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
                OUCH!!! I don't even want to know how the fuck that happened as a former BMX guy myself.

Kid is doing great, ate a full meal tonight, actually it was the meal I was cooking last night for my 40th birthday (dry aged ribeye and twice baked potatoes) that were about to go on the grill when he broke his arm. He barely complained at all today and even the nurses were impressed with how well he handled it.

Another piece of good news is Children's Plano (as of this afternoon) knew of no cases of Covid-19 in the building and it was really quiet there.
                I used to ride BMX and had small sponsors. I hit a bump doing a long manual down a street, slipped the bar out of my right hand, landed with the right bar end in the ground and the left bar end in my crotch. I had a lump the size of a softball after 5 minutes. Passed out in the street from pain. ER doctor said I fractured my femur head and, if the impact was more severe, I might have internally ruptured my femoral artery and had to have surgery or worse. On crutches for 4 weeks. The bruise, after 2 days, spread out and looked like Florida... went from my hip bone to my knee. Handle bars are motherfuckers.

Glad your kid is OK!
                Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                dont downshift!!
                Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                  I used to ride BMX and had small sponsors. I hit a bump doing a long manual down a street, slipped the bar out of my right hand, landed with the right bar end in the ground and the left bar end in my crotch. I had a lump the size of a softball after 5 minutes. Passed out in the street from pain. ER doctor said I fractured my femur head and, if the impact was more severe, I might have internally ruptured my femoral artery and had to have surgery or worse. On crutches for 4 weeks. The bruise, after 2 days, spread out and looked like Florida... went from my hip bone to my knee. Handle bars are motherfuckers.

Glad your kid is OK!
                  Yeah, when I was 9 I went over the handlebars on a ramp engineered by 9 year olds in an alley (4x6 plywood on 4x stacked railroad ties) and broke my left wrist almost like my kid's (except the puncture) but also tore off the left half of my face on the concrete as well as hands, wrists, knees, elbows, and shoulders. While I didn't need surgery I certainly had at least as long of of a recovery time.
                  Originally posted by stevo
                  Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

My son did a face plant on the backside of a jump. Goggles separated enough for the lens to cut his nose, cheek and lower eyelid. Surgeon said we lucked out as the cut was sharp and clean. Inserted a monofilament line into the duct and sewed it back together. The end of the line was secured in his nose. He removed the line about 3 weeks later. 1 hour after it was removed, he was out on the bike!
                    Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

Good to hear he's doing well.
                      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I broke my leg when I was 18 so I understand exactly what he is going through. It's a long road, but just keep yalls heads up and he will get through it and have a story to tell.

Edit: thinking back I actually found this website while stuck inside with the broken leg during the summer of 2003.

Comment

Working...
                        X