Bust Out Another Thousand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
    Very nice, my buddie who is a die hard Ford guy just bought a GMC 1500, its a nice truck.
    Damn! Seems like it’s a good time to go the other direction. The new fords are sweet. My buddy just bought a 21 GMC 1500 and it is so outdated compared to the wife and I’s rams. Id be waiting for the refresh.
    2012 GT500

Comment

I looked at the fords but I didn't like the interior as much, and there was a GMC that I was looking at but it was 6k more for essentially the exact same thing. I also looked into the Ram 2500 but just wasn't wowed by it at all, so I'm happy with the purchase overall.
      Originally posted by stevo
      Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
        I also looked into the Ram 2500 but just wasn't wowed by it at all,
        That's what I got last year. (19) I love it and thought it had the best interior. I went with the gasser though, didn't want to fuck with the diesel and emissions BS. Nice rig though!

Comment

Man I had a gasser 2500 before and said never again, that thing got both miles per gallon. The other problem is trying to find a brand new one with all the features I wanted, so I searched the used market to get this one. It's a 2020 same as the GMC I traded and is fully loaded.

Stevo

Comment

Nice truck. I'm ordering a 2022 Superduty in the near future. I test drove a Limited (one of two superduty on the lot) recently and they're crazy nice.

Comment

When the manufacturers are determining the tow rating for a vehicle the first wall they bump into is typically the capacity of the cooling system for the transmission. If you add capacity to the Transmissions cooling Loop you can frequently tow more than the vehicle was rated for from the factory but I typically recommend not towing something that weighs more than the vehicle you're towing it with. There isn't a need to buy a new truck unless you just want one or something as simple as towing a boat.
              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                When the manufacturers are determining the tow rating for a vehicle the first wall they bump into is typically the capacity of the cooling system for the transmission. If you add capacity to the Transmissions cooling Loop you can frequently tow more than the vehicle was rated for from the factory but I typically recommend not towing something that weighs more than the vehicle you're towing it with. There isn't a need to buy a new truck unless you just want one or something as simple as towing a boat.
                The old truck was rated at 9300# towing, this boat with trailer and gear maxed that out easily... Where we keep it at Texoma, there a some decent hills that we have to go up and down and just in general the 1500 wasn't up to the task. My old boat it was fine, but not this one...

Stevo

Comment

Badass setup. I don’t really miss my old Malibu but the three years of “lake life” we did were good memories.

I have enough friends with boats that I can get my surf fix in pretty easily.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                    Badass setup. I don’t really miss my old Malibu but the three years of “lake life” we did were good memories.

I have enough friends with boats that I can get my surf fix in pretty easily.
                    If it weren't for my kids, I'd likely consider the same... but we have too much fun out there as a family so it's worth it to me.

Stevo

Comment

So did my first tow with the new truck this weekend and holy shit is it better now. The old truck did just ok towing this boat, but this thing makes it feel like I'm towing a dingy. Still need to get it on level ground and take a look to make sure the trailer is level with my 3" drop hitch or if I need to get something else.

Stevo

Comment

Pretty nice. Do you have the rear air suspension? I know you can get aftermarket if you don’t. Supposed to help out tremendously for loading/unloading.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                          Pretty nice. Do you have the rear air suspension? I know you can get aftermarket if you don’t. Supposed to help out tremendously for loading/unloading.
                          No, just the Z71 suspension, and I don't think I need it based on the one tow with it so far.

Stevo

Comment

You should look at getting an adjustable hitch.

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                              You should look at getting an adjustable hitch.
                              If this isn't level on level ground then yes, that is exactly what I will get... just couldn't find it locally so I bought the 3" as my choice was either that or no drop/raise just a straight hitch and I didn't have time before taking the boat out. If needed, I'll get a BW adjustable.

Stevo

Comment

Bad ass setup, but holy fuck! Is that thing really a quarter mill?

Comment

Working...
                                X