No announcement yet.

Talk me INTO a Land Rover Defender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have better things to do with my time than drop my Land Rover at the dealer all the time and mess with BS electrical/build quality gremlins.
    Ford
    GM
    Toyota
    VAG

Comment

The new Defenders are awesome looking, I would not own one outside of warranty. Also be sure to get AAA because the natural habit them is the back of a flatbed.
      Last edited by Labora; 07-23-2021, 10:19 AM.
      1997 Miata - Weekend\Autox Car
      1994 Mustang Cobra - Garage Shelf
      2012 Mazda 3 - Daily

Comment

get a Subaru Forester! it's the #1 vehicle in Colorado

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
          The Defender is on my short list, though towing capacity may steer me in a different direction. Your list represents a wide range indeed, to me it boils down to how much off-roading you really think you'll be doing, and what kind. If you'll be piddling up on the mountains the most, than I'd scratch the trucks off the list, even the Raptor.

The new Bronco options out pretty well if this will primarily be a toy, with Ford repair costs, though with an admittedly Ford interior as well.
          We do A LOT of off roading. If I get a Defender, it will be an overlanding rig with a rooftop tent and other goodies. I would put the tent on my Jeep but the lift and 37s make it too tall for doing that in the garage. A Defender would bring better than average off road capability to get to our camping spots, then we'd take the Jeep for our more hard core off roading. Also, the Defender can tow 8000lbs. The Jeep can only tow 3500lbs. Also, my property in the mountains is a rocky/rutted road that gets a lot of snow.

Originally posted by scootro View Post
          I've now lost all respect for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
            I've now lost all respect for you.
            LMAO

Comment

And gay bareback butt sex in a tent while camping after consuming a massive amount of THC laced edibles is a popular pastime as well; doesn't mean I want to do it.
              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                If you want something durable that does the same thing just get a 4Runner.
                What if you gutted it and threw all that british trash in the garbage, and replaced it with modern ford stuff? Maybe then it would be worth it? You know, if you're one of those people that wastes money on these projects. Like we tend to do around here.
                WH

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                  And gay bareback butt sex in a tent while camping after consuming a massive amount of THC laced edibles is a popular pastime as well; doesn't mean I want to do it.
                  reminds of south park episode when they liked smelling their own farts! hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                    What if you gutted it and threw all that british trash in the garbage, and replaced it with modern ford stuff? Maybe then it would be worth it? You know, if you're one of those people that wastes money on these projects. Like we tend to do around here.
                    Just drop the body from the Range Rover on to a 4Runner rolling chassis you would be way ahead of the game.

I just don't understand why people are willing to pay Land Cruiser prices for substandard vehicle.
                    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Cliff notes:
                      Dude bought a Range Rover from Carmax and bought the extended warranty. Warranty paid for itself.

Comment

Only if you have a Coexist bumper sticker on it.
                        2006 Civic SI
                        2009 Pilot
                        1988 GT
                        CRF50

Widebody whore.

Comment

I got my woman a gx460. Actually a very capable off-road vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by dblack1 View Post
                            I got my woman a gx460. Actually a very capable off-road vehicle.
                            Well yea, considering it’s a 4runner.
                            Unfortunately it’s also as ugly as the feral pigs of Texas.

Comment

I wouldn’t buy one. My sister used to work at Land Rover dealership and it was a non stop rotation of new vehicles coming back in for warranty issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
                                Well yea, considering it’s a 4runner.
                                Unfortunately it’s also as ugly as the feral pigs of Texas.
                                Meh, I wanted reliability after my joyous ownership of the 15 Tahoe.

Comment

Working...
                                X