Ebay purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay purchase

Anyone ever purchased a car off of ebay before? And as a followup, did you buy it without inspecting it in person?

I found my last Fox on eBay in 2006 in Denver, CO. Had the guy send me video of it running and booked a round trip ticket to Denver for less than $200. He met me at the airport and everything checked out so I drove it home. Had it been a POS, I had a ticket back to Dallas that afternoon.

We handled the transaction outside of eBay.

I still own the car today.

Comment

I would have it shipped as the car runs, but is it driveable 14 hours? I wouldn't risk it. I believe it goes through USHIP.

Comment

I drove to Weimar, Ca in 2017 to buy a boat. Similar scenario as above, only I had to drive because boat. The guy sent me videos of it idling in the drive and him and his son on the water running it, also sent me a time lapse of him removing the boat from the trailer to replace the bunks and repack the bearings. I talked to him off and on for about two weeks once we initially agreed to the sale due to scheduling the trip.

One thing I did that is probably not applicable in your situation. Since I knew that I'd be an hour north of Sacramento I had several boats in mind that were located along the return trip in the bay area and L.A. just in case this one fell through I could look at others and come home with something instead of just fond memories of the golden state.

Cash in hand, no money changed hands til we met in person, I also didn't withdraw the money until I was in CA so I wasn't traveling cross country with a large amt of cash.
        G'Day Mate

Comment

post a link so we can talk you out of it

Comment

Well I bought it. Now I joined UShip and going to set it up through that.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
              Well I bought it. Now I joined UShip and going to set it up through that.
              Congrats, now tell us about the car since no one can snipe it out from under you.
              Originally posted by stevo
              Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
                Congrats, now tell us about the car since no one can snipe it out from under you.
                Maybe it’s a sweet black Acura.
                "PSH!!!"

Comment

1962 Bel Air 4 door, 6 cyl, 3 on the tree. Really good condition. Now the hard/nerve wracking part, getting it here from Nebraska.

Comment

I've used Uship before when buying a used car unseen from a dealership and got paired to a nice couple that took care of the transport. I think they estimated 3-5 days and it took 6. Wasn't a big deal to me.
                    WRX

Comment

I don't recall the name of the company, but I can put you in contact with the guys who shipped my coupe and cobra to TN for me. Reasonably priced and both got there timely with no issues.

Stevo

Comment

I don't recall the name of the company, but I can put you in contact with the guys who shipped my coupe and cobra to TN for me. Reasonably priced and both got there timely with no issues.
                        Yes please! That would help! Thanks.

Comment

Yes please! That would help! Thanks.
                          Fabian Lau, International Auto Services. 954-536-6467

Tell him Nick Anselmo sent you. The last one for the Cobra from Frisco, TX to Sweetwater, TN was $675.

Stevo

Comment

Fabian Lau, International Auto Services. 954-536-6467

Tell him Nick Anselmo sent you. The last one for the Cobra from Frisco, TX to Sweetwater, TN was $675.
                            Did they use a larger carrier or a flatbed? If it’s a larger carrier I’ll have to have it offload somewhere other than my house due to space constraints.

Comment

Did they use a larger carrier or a flatbed? If it’s a larger carrier I’ll have to have it offload somewhere other than my house due to space constraints.
                              It was a 3 car gooseneck, fairly long.

Stevo

Comment

Working...
                              X