Red light setups for hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red light setups for hunting

My camera shows quite a bit of deer coming to the feeder, but they are being accompanied by coyotes and coons, and will probably have hogs show up soon. Coyotes aren't doing much and probably after the coons, but the damned coons are all over the feeder and raiding it like a Ferguson liquor store. So I need to get rid of them; I have a silenced .22 but it is a bit dark at night. Seems like a red spotlight would help. Any recommendations? A dyi budget kit would probably work as I don't feel like shelling out $300 for the stuff I am seeing online. Open to ideas; trailer tail lights and some cheap mounts might work, but I am sure there are better cheap ideas.
    I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

If you have a decent scope, a red lens filter on a Q-beam and a buddy you should be good to 100 yds.I have a Eagle Tac with a filter on my varmit rifle and I can light eyes up to at least 300.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
      but the damned coons are all over the feeder and raiding it like a Ferguson liquor store.
      Holy shit, ahahahahaha!!!
      Originally posted by Silverback
      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

That's greatness.

Comment

I use the XLR Kill Light mounted to a rifle. They are pretty cost effective.
          "A bad day hunting beats a good day at work"

Golden Oaks Lodge
          East Texas Axis and Fallow hunts
          https://www.facebook.com/GoldenOaksLodge/

Comment

my buddies and i have about 5 of these, all that work perfectly well for a fraction of the cost of a name brand. You can have red and green both for about $25.
            http://www.amazon.com/Ultrafire%C2%A...words=501b+red

Comment

I'd be down for some late night varmint hunts. A couple of gun mounted red lights and 1 night vision scope ready to go. You supply the targets and preferred boom sticks. (No suppressors here. )
              Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
              There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Originally posted by Pewter Y2K Z28 View Post
                I use the XLR Kill Light mounted to a rifle. They are pretty cost effective.
                Do this, OP. Q-Beams are garbage.
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I didn't want to start a new thread but there seems to be a lot of "long range" illumination devices on the market now.

What I haven't been able to find is a solid source for comparison. All of the name brand (stalkech, predator, hogzilla, xlr, nd3, et LED or adjustable beam laser setups are $100+ but there are some no name options out there for around $50 with pressure switches and scope mounts.

I won't be using it in subzero temps or past 200 yards but would like to find a decent setup with enough budget to get a second for scanning without swinging the muzzle around.

This is my basis so far:

Does anyone have any experience with a name brand vs a no name?

Thanks

Comment

My buddy has the ~1000 lumen fenix uc light and loves it. came with red and blue lenses for tracking blood and stuff. I plan on picking one up, think they're $89. I also believe they have a changeable cap that adds a pressure switch for mounting to a rifle

Comment

Working...
                    X