No announcement yet.

Ecoboost Explorer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did just some brief looking through those google links, I didn't see much on the 2.3L 4 cyl. Though I will keep an eye on it.
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Bought the wife a AWD sport Explorer. Guess it has the 3.5 ecoboost. Thing has some decent pep to it. 2017s selling too cheap to pass up.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
        Maybe they have taken care of that problem, my wife's Ecoboost Stangs oil was just dirty and did not smell of fuel. It was low though, about a quart. I might have to buy an oil seportor anyway, just to be safe...
        You would think, in this day and age, that car builders could get ring clearance, blow by, or what ever figured out. 08-11 Cadillacs had this problem, which in turn caused them to blow up the timing chains/engines on a regular basis, or something like that. I mean since when did 1 to 1.5 quarts between oil changes become acceptable? Only reason I got rid of my 13 CTS, the unknown. Even though they supposedly started sleeving the cylinders in 12. Well and a couple of other gremlins.
        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

My truck is white. My torino is white. My E34 is black and I wish it was white, or silver. White is the best color on most cars.
          1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

Originally posted by Torinoman View Post
            My truck is white. My torino is white. My E34 is black and I wish it was white, or silver. White is the best color on most cars.
            That sounds racist!

Comment

Originally posted by Torinoman View Post
              I have this conversation with a guy at work regularly. Both of my S-10's were black and my current car is black. They look amazing when cleaned up, but it only lasts about 5 minutes until that first spec of dust hits it!
              Originally posted by Leah
              Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                You would think, in this day and age, that car builders could get ring clearance, blow by, or what ever figured out. 08-11 Cadillacs had this problem, which in turn caused them to blow up the timing chains/engines on a regular basis, or something like that. I mean since when did 1 to 1.5 quarts between oil changes become acceptable? Only reason I got rid of my 13 CTS, the unknown. Even though they supposedly started sleeving the cylinders in 12. Well and a couple of other gremlins.
                You would think, right. My '97 Cobra would burn through a quart of oil between oil changes, over 100k miles. Since all of my cars have been FoMoCo, they all seem to do this, I'm sure it has to do with the PCV system, but I've never had an oil related failure on any motor in my 15 new cars from FoMoCo. I've put almost a 100k miles on all of them before I trade them in.
                Originally posted by Silverback
                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

From what I've read/seen, blow by is intentional. As is the introduction of it into the intake tract. Apparently this allows for lower emissions via the old PCV system. Ingesting, and then burning, the blow by, seems to be the norm. Unfortunately, this causes build up on the back side of the intake valves. Thus the need for a catch can. Google and YouTube have much more I formation on this subject. Search and you'll find varying testimo irs on both sides. YMMV
                  Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                  There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Working...
                  X