Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cooter View Post
    well... when in Colorado, right?

just picked up a couple bottles of Stranahan's... perhaps not the flavor I was looking for. we've been working on Knob Creek up here as the work horse.

it's not bad by any stretch, just not a "big" flavor

I think I'll have another taste and revisit it later whenever my palate says "hey remember that stuff? how about some of THAT!?"

and yes, Colorado is very green this time of year
    Similar review I had at first but round two was definitely better. And I too was branching off something completely different (Ridgemont Reserve 1792 & Weller Antique 101).
    Strannahan's is definitely unique but very doable.

David

Comment

• Should I pick some up while I'm up here?

I really like the TX whiskey if you could compare it to that

I don't think I'll be able to take the tour but should be able to find a bottle. There is liquor store everywhere.

Comment

• You should get two bottles.
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

• this shit is dangerously tasty in the morning
          http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

this shit is dangerously tasty in the morning
            it's the vanilla and cinnamon undertones

Comment

• I prefer Stranahan's to TX Whiskey. TX has waaaaaayyyyy too much vanilla.
              Originally posted by BradM
              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
              Originally posted by Leah
              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

• I found some in the liquor store next to the hotel for 60$ a bottle.

Going to try a liquor warehouse a few miles away that I saw some prices on their sign that looked damn good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                  it's the vanilla and cinnamon undertones
                  yeah, and it's not a big punch you in the mouth flavor... which, in the evenings up here, I guess is what I'm looking for lately.

but I had a couple healthy nips this morning because vacation, and there wasn't anything 94 proof about it! LOL

tasted so good, I quit after those two

but I may ramble down to the bar for some biscuits and gravy and have a Stranahan's neat vs. my daily double espresso! LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                    I prefer Stranahan's to TX Whiskey. TX has waaaaaayyyyy too much vanilla.
                    I'm sure it's an unpopular sentiment, but I was very underwhealmed by TX

Comment

• Nothing wrong with a nip in the morning, my stepfather pours himself a nice cup of whatever in his coffee cup (no coffee) and that's how he starts off the day...
                      Originally posted by Silverback
                      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I'm sure it's an unpopular sentiment, but I was very underwhealmed by TX

It's... acceptable. I'll drink it if it is around but I won't seek it out. It is also wildly overpriced.

Comment

• Everything is running low

Comment

• I bought a bottle of woodford reserve and man its pretty damn good! Extremely smooth with very little alcohol taste. Been sipping on that for a few weeks, planning to add a large bottle of it to the collection soon.

Comment

• Well I picked up a bottle of Stranahan's. The Liquor Max had it for 50$ a bottle. I want to try it but I don't want to put a opened bottle of liquor in my checked luggage on the air plane.

I could pass it around for it to be gone before I fly back, but that would be too nice of me

Comment

• I found this little guy hising out at goody goody in little elm. Ill report back tomorrow on how well I like it.

Added it to the small yet growing collection...

Comment

Working...
                                X