"We have unsold 2015's".....really?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
    I can't hold my breath that long, but I do beat my dick like it owes me money.
    Better becareful

""Should a man make an emission outside of a medical facility or vagina, he could face a $100 penalty for an*act that would be considered “an act against an unborn child, and failing to preserve the sanctity of life.”"

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
      Like sonic ice?
      Internal Combustion Engine
      Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Autonation Ford in Arlington still shows 10 2015 GT Premiums in stock. They are all either orange or red, automatic and with Recaros. I'd imagine these are part of the inventory they are advertising since both lots are Autonation.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
          Autonation Ford in Arlington still shows 10 2015 GT Premiums in stock. They are all either orange or red, automatic and with Recaros. I'd imagine these are part of the inventory they are advertising since both lots are Autonation.
          at 11k off that's pretty good, also have some Focus' that are ~10k off
          QuestionableContent-Awesome Webcomic

Comment

Keep in mind, the factory will shove cars down the dealers' throats as well, so it may not have been poor ordering on their part.

There should be some enormous rebates on anything that old though, and after paying floorplan interest for that long, I can't believe they aren't willing to deal!

Comment

I went to that same dealer a few months back and they had a whole line of new Mustangs that were still hail dented to hell from the storm in spring 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
                Its only going to get worse for the next 4 years, especially for the used dealers as the glut of lease vehicles start returning to the dealers and them not willing to sell low
                Good. I hope people telling the dealers to fuck off drives them out of business. The whole dealer thing is hustle that in no way benefits the buyer of a car. I would much prefer to be able to buy directly from the manufacture.
                Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                  I went to that same dealer a few months back and they had a whole line of new Mustangs that were still hail dented to hell from the storm in spring 2016.
                  I wonder is that's why the stuff is still sitting there. Most of them show an MSRP of $40k with a selling price of $28k..

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                    I wonder is that's why the stuff is still sitting there. Most of them show an MSRP of $40k with a selling price of $28k..
                    I don't know that for sure, but having several of them still dinged up months later was a good indication that they aren't exactly motivated to move them. I asked the D-bag sales guy if they were offering good deals on them and he said that they'd sell them at regular price and fix them after the sale. That sounded crazy to me so I just left.

Comment

I bought my '03 Mach 1 brand new from them off the showroom floor in June 2003. They might have still been called Hillard Ford back then before morphing into yet another Autonation dealer. I've never been back there since except for when they were one of the stops on a poker run in 2006 arranged through DFWStangs.net.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                        Keep in mind, the factory will shove cars down the dealers' throats as well, so it may not have been poor ordering on their part.

There should be some enormous rebates on anything that old though, and after paying floorplan interest for that long, I can't believe they aren't willing to deal!
                        This makes me think that maybe the dealership isn't 100% liable for any stock that was "forced" on them, or maybe not at all, from a cash perspective, which makes it easier for them to let 'em sit.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                          This makes me think that maybe the dealership isn't 100% liable for any stock that was "forced" on them, or maybe not at all, from a cash perspective, which makes it easier for them to let 'em sit.
                          I highly doubt that.. Manufacturers want to get paid immediately, and I am sure these are on their wholesale finance line. The factory may be giving them some sort of credit or allowance to offset their inventory financing though (which is usually interest only, at least for the first few months).

That said, my experience is all on the commercial vehicle side (mostly trucks), so it is possible that regular car manufacturers are slightly different. Usually they are pretty much the same though. My experience is also as an independent wholesale finance provider (not affiliated with the manufacturer), so some of these captives may treat their dealers differently since they are tied to the manufacturer.

If they are hail damaged, I'm sure they already got paid by insurance, then will have their own shop repair them for cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
                            Its only going to get worse for the next 4 years, especially for the used dealers as the glut of lease vehicles start returning to the dealers and them not willing to sell low
                            I've also been wondering the same., what happens when carmax or autonation, a "no haggle" dealer can't sell a vehicle at their pricing level.

Do they discount the price based on lot time, or send it to auction and take the hit?

I was able to negotiate pretty heavily when I bought my 300c used. Just emailed the dealer asking if they were sick of paying lot fees and paying a note on a car just sitting there

The bottom is falling out on used car pricing. Vehicles 4-5 years old (trucks being exempt) are flooded on the market right now

Comment

Originally posted by 4king View Post

Do they discount the price based on lot time, or send it to auction and take the hit?
                              Shit, depending on the car they might make a killing.. a few years ago I had a dealers license and I was fucking shocked and what other dealers would pay for junk..
                              "PSH!!!"

Comment

New car sales are getting pretty beat up on a year over year basis and the market is flooded with used cars. It is only going to get worse in the short term as interest rates go up.
                                Originally posted by racrguy
                                What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                                Originally posted by racrguy
                                Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Working...
                                X