Truck stolen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
    No update as far as the truck goes but I have a question about an affidavit I'm suppose to sign and notarize.

The first page of this affidavit is asking for info that, in my mind, is irrelevant to the claim and makes me feel like they're going to use this as a means to devalue the truck. It's asking for purchase price, what I put down, finance amount, lender account #, etc. I don't see why any of that matters. Does anyone have experience in this area? I'm sure I don't have much choice, I'm just preparing for a ridiculous offer and would like to be prepared myself.
    Is this from your insurance or the police? You'll definitely get lowballed though. Hopefully you bought gap coverage for the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
      Is this from your insurance or the police? You'll definitely get lowballed though. Hopefully you bought gap coverage for the difference.
      It's from the insurance. I don't have GAP. That's where it covers the difference when I owe more than it's worth, right? If so, I didn't need it. I had a pretty good chunk for a down payment, made a few payments since, and when I sold the Lightning, I put that towards my principle. So I'm definitely not upside down. I got this truck for under 39k out the door so if you figure TTL, the sales price was less than that. I just don't know if I can find another one for that price.

Comment

When mine was stolen, years ago, I got the replacement value. I'd think it should still work the same. Check what similar model trucks are selling for on lots, and private party. Save that info, either print or bookmark it for proof of the trucks value.

Comment

reshared on fb, sorry it was stolen

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
            Check what similar model trucks are selling for on lots, and private party. Save that info, either print or bookmark it for proof of the trucks value.
            Great advice. If this link works it's a decent start https://www.truecar.com/used-cars-fo...box-4wd-denali

Comment

Momma hates thieves.

Shared.
              class joke
              {
              private:
              char Forrest, Jenny, Momma, LtDan;
              double Peas, Carrots;
              string MommaAlwaysSaid(const bool AddAnyTime = True)
              };

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions. I printed off the value that Edmonds and KBB states for reference. I'll start printing out what similar trucks are going for in the area.

Comment

Working...
                X