Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coming up on the search for Forrest anniversary.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
    Agreed with every point you've made. I figured with my saying closest/most tight-knit friends of his was enough understanding that the utmost respect would be shown to his immediate family and they would have no problem sharing. It just seems as though there have been those claiming to be extremely close to him still do not know what happened. I just think that's not considerate of those who had the same love for him as his family.
    Those that were truly close to him know exactly what happened, and have no desire to disrespect his family's wishes for privacy.

Just about everybody on this board wasn't that close, and those handful that were are keeping their mouth shut, it's that simple.

IMO if (you) weren't at the funeral, it's none ya damn business. That doesn't stop the curiosity though.

Comment

IMO those who were friends of his deserve to know to help with closure.

All I am saying is I fully believe they deserve to know.

I believe the immediate family is obligated to share what happened to those who were very close to him. That's it.

You are absolutely correct. You will see I am asking for any sort of explanation and am I saying I am owed anything.
      Go on.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
        Go on.
        You have proven you're being a complete moron.
        Originally posted by Big A View Post
        Those that were truly close to him know exactly what happened, and have no desire to disrespect his family's wishes for privacy.
        Good deal. I was under the impression there were quite a few on here who were really close and saying they didn't know.
        IMO if (you) weren't at the funeral, it's none ya damn business. That doesn't stop the curiosity though.
        Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
          You two mofos are the only ones wanting to know what happened
          Read the thread you replied to. No we're not. People are gonna want to know what happened, best learn to live with that. But I'd agree there is no need to memorialize it here. Since there does seem to be some push back about knowing the cause, I won't mention it further.
          WH

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
            I agree, entirely. It's just something I had to let go of, because the family deserves privacy if they want it. They don't owe me anything, Forrest didn't owe me anything. In fact, I owe Forrest a lot.
            Dude, I fucking love you for that response.

Dinner, lunch, drinks, coffee, etc. are on me if we ever cross paths.

Comment

Originally posted by Snatch Napkin View Post
              Dude, I fucking love you for that response.

Dinner, lunch, drinks, coffee, etc. are on me if we ever cross paths.
              I don't know where you're located, but I work around the Galleria and live in Frisco, so hit me up whenever.

I was really close to Forrest, and Forrest alone. I had met his wife on a few occasions, before and after they got married, but never met any of his other family, so when they told me it was accidental, even though it didn't make sense to me, I let it go. There's no reason to disrespect the man and his family just to find personal closure. Forrest would tell anyone who though otherwise to eat a dick.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
                I don't know where you're located, but I work around the Galleria and live in Frisco, so hit me up whenever.

I was really close to Forrest, and Forrest alone. I had met his wife on a few occasions, before and after they got married, but never met any of his other family, so when they told me it was accidental, even though it didn't make sense to me, I let it go. There's no reason to disrespect the man and his family just to find personal closure. Forrest would tell anyone who though otherwise to eat a dick.
                Yup, same.

I'm typically in between Cresson and Haltom City during the week, East Texas on the weekends.

Comment

Forrest and I talked often, we had common interest. He was a good dude. I always wondered what happened too.

If the phone, and hard drive thing is true, that's interesting

Comment

At this point, the cause is immaterial. I just miss the guy.

I’m still sporting my avatar with the classic V-badge with the 5.0 on it in his honor. He hated it on my car. Like, he was the only person that ever told me it was stupid, and he was passionate about it. I think he’d appreciate me giving him shit about it even today.

Comment

I don't post much anymore. Hell, never did according to the post count. Anyway, I did not know Forrest personally, but definitely gained insight from numerous things he commented on. Very few were directly from he to I, but made sure to read anything he posted. Best regards and respect to those that had the distinct privilege of knowing him personally.

Not sure if I actually got it from him or not, but I discarded everything but like socks many years ago and to this day only buy same. No folding, no mix ups. My one simple thing in life. God speed.
                      Shooting for 1000 posts in 15, well make that 20 years.

6.2L Raptor, 5.9 & 6.7 Cummins, 09 SRT Challenger, 93 331R-block Cobra, 70 6-pack Cuda, 71 383 Cuda vert.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post

Just about everybody on this board wasn't that close, and those handful that were are keeping their mouth shut, it's that simple.

Truth. I didn’t know him other than posts. What strikes me about the entire thing is how quick it happened and how many really cared. And as anytime someone leaves their family too soon, I feel bad for his wife and children. Hashing it out here, again, isn’t going to replace a husband and father who is very much missed. That’s the real tragedy. The details themselves are unimportant and only pour salt on wounds trying to heal.

Comment

Working...
                        X