Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discovery Channel Star RIPS Jesse James -- 'Fast N' Loud' Host Richard Rawlings Read

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2165 Turbo Rail View Post
    An that bike jr built was horrible IMO
    Yeah it was. That buildoff was a fucking joke.
    May God give us strength and courage in the time of our darkest hours.
    Semper Fi

Comment

The problem with all these shows like Fast N Loud, Texas Car Wars, Counting cars, Desert Car Kings etc etc is that every douche thinks they can do it now. So many times I call up on a nice looking car that may book for $3000 and they want $1000 saying its mechanicly perfect. I know better so I get a feel for the person to see if its their car or a quick flip. When I see a $3000 car for $1000 and know its a flip from them then I have to wonder what they got it for which begs the question "Whats REALLY wronbg with it and is there head gasket fix in the cooling system?"
      I drive all over only to find serious issues that make the cars worthless. I just asked a kid the other day that admitted he had a few cars to flip that he said all were in great mechanical shape. Well if you just got the car and have no history with it and are not a mechanic then how do you know what kind of shape the mechanics are in? His response was "Im just smart." Made me remember every kid thinks they are smart.
      I turn a corner and hear a CV click and ask "Whats that?" just to see what they say. "Oh, its a heat shield, just needs to be bent up." or "Why is the car smoking and why is the coolant like mud?" Kid says "Oh thats cause its Dexcool and supposed to look like that and the smoke is normal." My favorite is "AC works perfect, just needs freon." Really? Gonna discount the car $1000 cause you cant spend $40 to charge it? Sure its not a $300 compressor and $100 drier?

Most of them get the idea from these damn shows and think just throwing a bucket of water over the car is enough to resell it as a reliable car.
      Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Still wish I could have $3500 walking around cash in my pocket though. LOLZ
        Thats chump change.

Comment

Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
          The problem with all these shows like Fast N Loud, Texas Car Wars, Counting cars, Desert Car Kings etc etc is that every douche thinks they can do it now. So many times I call up on a nice looking car that may book for $3000 and they want $1000 saying its mechanicly perfect. I know better so I get a feel for the person to see if its their car or a quick flip. When I see a $3000 car for $1000 and know its a flip from them then I have to wonder what they got it for which begs the question "Whats REALLY wronbg with it and is there head gasket fix in the cooling system?"
          I drive all over only to find serious issues that make the cars worthless. I just asked a kid the other day that admitted he had a few cars to flip that he said all were in great mechanical shape. Well if you just got the car and have no history with it and are not a mechanic then how do you know what kind of shape the mechanics are in? His response was "Im just smart." Made me remember every kid thinks they are smart.
          I turn a corner and hear a CV click and ask "Whats that?" just to see what they say. "Oh, its a heat shield, just needs to be bent up." or "Why is the car smoking and why is the coolant like mud?" Kid says "Oh thats cause its Dexcool and supposed to look like that and the smoke is normal." My favorite is "AC works perfect, just needs freon." Really? Gonna discount the car $1000 cause you cant spend $40 to charge it? Sure its not a $300 compressor and $100 drier?

Most of them get the idea from these damn shows and think just throwing a bucket of water over the car is enough to resell it as a reliable car.
          Awesome story.....dafuq does it have to do with this thread? lol
          Semper Fi

Comment

Originally posted by 86silverbullett View Post
            Please tell me your talking about the build off with the Teutuls..cause your a dumbass if you think that was actually judged accordingly..Jesse is talented, he basically started all the biker shit on the discovery channel. Forget all his "hollywood" bullshit. The dude can build a bike..
            Yeah I was talking about that and no I dont think the bike had much to do with it at all. It was a popularity contest that won that one. Not talent. PJDs bike was nice but Jesses bike was a rider. OCCs was a freakin joke.
            I wish he still had his bike show. That was my single favorite show. His Diablos were just works of art that could actually be used. Not just some show piece with a gecko on it. LOL
            Originally posted by Jester View Post
            LOL, he lost because the world is full of fucking idiots. It was a chopper/bike buildoff and Senior didnt even build a fuckin bike! Jesse is easy to get along with if you are an honest hard working person. He respects those that show respect and that actually build what they claim. Everyone that has even slight knowledge of the bike building industry knows that OCC is a fucking joke.......Paul Juniors designs are interesting for custom bike but that is about it.
            Jesse also does not claim to be a car builder.......he could build any car he ever wanted by hand but doesnt cuz he always has his hands in other projects.............Richard cant build a fucking thing.
            Jesse has an ego because he is the best. Plain and simple.......the best in choppers. period......end of fucking story.

I like Indian Larry/Legacy designs and Billy Lanes bikes more.........but Jesse's are top notch.
            I agree as I said in my previous reply. Jesse has talent. Now I dont know the guy, never met him but the impression I always got was he was a pompus egomaniac. I could be completly off basis. I agree with his work ethic 100% though. When I start a job I work untill its done and it isnt done till I approve of it. For that I repsect the man.

And I also agree that RR has no idea how to build anything but he has some damn good buisiness sense. His shop makes more money then mine and we work just as hard.

And just so we understand here.
            PJD makes the best theme/advertizement bikes. None I would want to ride save for the Caddy bike.
            OCC is a freakin joke and the old man needs to retire.
            JJ is an artist with bikes and makes the most useable choppers in the biz but just seems like an ass to me. That may just be because I had a HUGE crush on Sandra Bullock and he got to dip his peen in her and I didnt.
            Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Awesome story.....dafuq does it have to do with this thread? lol
              Follow the bouncing ball.

Because how he makes his money is flipping cars. Texas Car Wars was brought into this as well. I just expanded on it because its giving the average idiot ideas to try the same thing which puts unsafe cars on the road being sold as safe and reliable cars.

Comment

Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
                Yeah I was talking about that and no I dont think the bike had much to do with it at all. It was a popularity contest that won that one. Not talent. PJDs bike was nice but Jesses bike was a rider. OCCs was a freakin joke.
                I wish he still had his bike show. That was my single favorite show. His Diablos were just works of art that could actually be used. Not just some show piece with a gecko on it. LOL

I agree as I said in my previous reply. Jesse has talent. Now I dont know the guy, never met him but the impression I always got was he was a pompus egomaniac. I could be completly off basis. I agree with his work ethic 100% though. When I start a job I work untill its done and it isnt done till I approve of it. For that I repsect the man.

And I also agree that RR has no idea how to build anything but he has some damn good buisiness sense. His shop makes more money then mine and we work just as hard.

And just so we understand here.
                PJD makes the best theme/advertizement bikes. None I would want to ride save for the Caddy bike.
                OCC is a freakin joke and the old man needs to retire.
                JJ is an artist with bikes and makes the most useable choppers in the biz but just seems like an ass to me. That may just be because I had a HUGE crush on Sandra Bullock and he got to dip his peen in her and I didnt.
                lol.....you are pretty much spot on.
                Semper Fi

Comment

My experience with Richard Rawlings was watching him walk around South Congress during LSR with a camera crew some years ago while everybody made fun of him, and him offering to buy John's pimp ass Lincoln when we were cruising. To which, John said "no", and the guy vanished.

My experience with Jesse is seeing him sign autographs at the LSR show and seeing a bitchin' free Reverend Horton Heat show at Austin Speed shop with free booze.

Jesse = 1
                  RR = 0

I'm just going to put this here and re-tabulate.

Jesse = 1
                  RR = -10,000

Comment

In an effort to give photo credit and supply some more fun reading, got that picture here:

And a website devoted to the clownery here:
                    A summary of the failed Spank My Monkey/Anti-Christ marketing promotion.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                      My experience with Richard Rawlings was watching him walk around South Congress during LSR with a camera crew some years ago while everybody made fun of him, and him offering to buy John's pimp ass Lincoln when we were cruising. To which, John said "no", and the guy vanished.

My experience with Jesse is seeing him sign autographs at the LSR show and seeing a bitchin' free Reverend Horton Heat show at Austin Speed shop with free booze.

Jesse = 1
                      RR = 0

I'm just going to put this here and re-tabulate.

Jesse = 1
                      RR = -10,000
                      Did you know that John did end up selling the pink Lincoln to RR
                      1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

And RR tried to buy the wagon the first year it went to LSR
                        1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

Originally posted by 2165 Turbo Rail View Post
                          Did you know that John did end up selling the pink Lincoln to RR
                          Hahah, good. Hope he (John) made some money.

Comment

Within five minutes of the show I could tell he was a cheese dick douche nozzle. He doesn't have an ounce of skill. People buy his cars because they're TV cars. Sure, they look good, but none of that is his doing.

I do watch the hell out of the show, it is entertaining, but the guy is a serious tool. Who is this no talent ass clown to talk shit on JJ? Richard has a big TV ego now, and JJ seems like the dude to put him back in his place with a 3/4'' wrench to the dome.
                            DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Richard Rawlings has always been a joke. he is a marketing genius that knows dick about fabricating or custom work. The last thing he needs to do is actually call out a true builder. Jesse is the type of guy to go ahead and start a reality show on Discovery and challenge Richard in front of the audience to any fabbing on the planet. What a joke.

I do like his tshirts, though.......and I have such a hardon for the 2 model a sedans to roll out of his shop......wish i knew who to give the real credit to. lol
                              You mean the guys off Jalopy journal, right? The guys who built those two cars, right?

edit: read that wrong. I believe those two came just about finished off JJ, and he did a few minor things, and claimed to have built them.
                              DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

lol. jj aint gunna do shit. he's a hollywood punk like the rest.

Comment

Working...
                                X