Going Tahoe shopping this weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smrr1 View Post
    Yes and no. The 8 speed is trash. If you got an early 6.2 with a 6 speed its good or a newer one with the 10 speed its good too. Just avoid the 8 speed.
    Makes sense...My old lady has a 2012 and Trans went out on it at 62k....and she drives literally like an old lady. Once it hit 95k it started acting funny again...so sold it. Have know of a few others with same issues so I wonder if we all had 8 Spds..
    Originally posted by Da Prez
    Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
    Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

My ‘18 6.2 Sierra with 8-speed is fine. It’s not the best tranny but it works normal with no bad shifts or weird sounds.. My Dad has a ‘15 Sierra Denali 6.2 and his 8-speed has been problematic. Hard shifts occasionally and other weird behavior. Several software updates and it’s okay now, but not great. He will be trading for a new 6.2 with the 10 speed soon and I’m sure it will be a nice upgrade.

To the OP, buy a 2013 LX570 or Landcruiser. You could get a nice one for $40-50k and it will run FOREVER.
      Ford
      GM
      Toyota
      VAG

Comment

Originally posted by quikag View Post
        My ‘18 6.2 Sierra with 8-speed is fine. It’s not the best tranny but it works normal with no bad shifts or weird sounds.. My Dad has a ‘15 Sierra Denali 6.2 and his 8-speed has been problematic. Hard shifts occasionally and other weird behavior. Several software updates and it’s okay now, but not great. He will be trading for a new 6.2 with the 10 speed soon and I’m sure it will be a nice upgrade.

To the OP, buy a 2013 LX570 or Landcruiser. You could get a nice one for $40-50k and it will run FOREVER.
        Bought a ‘17 z71 Tahoe midnight edition with 20k miles for $45k. DVD player, leather, 3rd row and a bunch of other stuff that can break. Looks tough, rides smooth, 4wd, v8, tow package. Checked all my boxes and should keep the kids and wife safe, in style, and comfortable. And I like driving it.

Southwest Chevy in kaufman gave me blue book for my trade in and a little under blue book for the Tahoe. Pretty smooth transaction. Financed through my bank. Extended warranty for free. Can’t complain. If it falls apart we’ll get rid of it.

Comment

Sounds like a good buy! Congrats!!
          Ford
          GM
          Toyota
          VAG

Comment

Working...
          X