Possible school security solution?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
    I'm pretty sure my training and experience trumps security guard and most police officers who aren't ex military.

If you have a choice between an infantryman watching over a school to make sure bad things don't happen and a security officer who spends his day riding a golf cart and eating donuts while yelling at kids for scuffing the hallways with their shoes, who are you going to go for? Especially given that the guy who is trained to react to gunfire instead of panic has a massively expensive training program shoved into his head and is willing to be there free of charge, minus cafeteria lunch?
    Not you. Because delusional.
    Last edited by JP135; 12-15-2013, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
      Because... crazy?
      Originally posted by JP135 View Post
      Not you. Because delusional.
      Ding ding ding!
      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by JP135 View Post
        I re-read my post. I wasn't coming down on you at all. That system seems like a perfect solution (which is what the company depends on) and in theory it is. In practice it's just about worthless.
        Oh I know man, and I didn't take it that way. I'm not advocating it. I just think it's the kind of stuff we'll start seeing more of.
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I'm pretty sure my training and experience trumps security guard and most police officers who aren't ex military.
          Im pretty sure the training you received never dealt with the day to day routine of being in a public school. Also the odds of using most of that training is 1 in 53,925 ( the odds of of being in a school shooting).

As others have also commented the stress of a public school is probably not the place for somebody who suffers ptsd, and other psych issues

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
            Prime Prep Academy?
            No, Faith Family at Keist and 35.

Comment

Originally posted by uwishuknew View Post
              No, Faith Family at Keist and 35.
              You'll take the insult, and like it.
              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

How about........allowing teachers to carry concealed????? Crazy idea I know.

Sent from my iPhone
                2004 Suzuki DL650
                1996 Hy-Tek Hurricane 103

Comment

Originally posted by Downs View Post

Sent from my iPhone
                  I still think this is one of a few cost effective ways to help.
                  Originally posted by MR EDD
                  U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
                    Im pretty sure the training you received never dealt with the day to day routine of being in a public school. Also the odds of using most of that training is 1 in 53,925 ( the odds of of being in a school shooting).

As others have also commented the stress of a public school is probably not the place for somebody who suffers ptsd, and other psych issues
                    You're under the impression I'd hang out with the kids. My job would be to look for threats. That's something I'm very qualified for and have actually had to deal with idiot kids screaming and demanding things while evaluating possible dangers to myself and the mission.

You really should have seen Sadr City in 04. Surrounded by a hundred kids trying to rip your rifle out of your hands and steal everything in your pockets and still hold your position.
                    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Downs View Post

Sent from my iPhone
                      Even better idea than mine

Comment

If you have a choice between an infantryman watching over a school to make sure bad things don't happen and a security officer who spends his day riding a golf cart and eating donuts while yelling at kids for scuffing the hallways with their shoes, who are you going to go for? Especially given that the guy who is trained to react to gunfire instead of panic has a massively expensive training program shoved into his head and is willing to be there free of charge, minus cafeteria lunch?
                        i'd rather have an illegal mexican chick do it.

god bless.
                        It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                          i'd rather have an illegal mexican chick do it.

god bless.
                          Only if she stayed in the kitchen where she belongs.

Comment

Working...
                          X