Nascar still a thing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sig239 View Post
    Know one said it was a good movie. But it has its moments.
    Yes, I know someone who will say it's a good movie.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I never saw the movie, and only came in here for the free post.

Comment

The rental car scene is kick ass.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
          I never saw the movie, and only came in here for the free post.
          Top 5 movie of all time.

Comment

i have MANY examples, but the icing on the cake that drove everybody away was the france family getting into the parts business for this new shitbox back in 07. in 04 our hoods from chevy were $125, now that all parts come through the france family, a hood is over $1700.
            pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Originally posted by Grape View Post
              i have MANY examples, but the icing on the cake that drove everybody away was the france family getting into the parts business for this new shitbox back in 07. in 04 our hoods from chevy were $125, now that all parts come through the france family, a hood is over $1700.
              Damn that sucks, what is a current gen car cost, 250k?
              Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Nascar is fucking lame. I can't believe it's still on. Fuel injection was allowed about 60 years after it came on production cars. The cars are spec cars. There isn't a single "stock" part on any of them anymore; even the engines are completely aftermarket.

Tell me what is so interesting about a four hour race of spec cars with nondescript drivers following each other around in a circle.

And then they tried this dumb shit...

When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                  Fuel injection was allowed about 60 years after it came on production cars.
                  I care so little about NASCAR that I assumed they still ran carbs. Had no idea EFI was allowed now.

Comment

Actually going to the races is cool. Actually driving the cars is cool too. But watching it on TV is boring as fuck. At least to me anyway.
                    Originally posted by racrguy
                    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                    Originally posted by racrguy
                    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                      Actually going to the races is cool. Actually driving the cars is cool too. But watching it on TV is boring as fuck. At least to me anyway.
                      I went to one race. It was so fucking loud I walked out of the stadium and partied with the fun white trash people in the parking lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                        Damn that sucks, what is a current gen car cost, 250k?
                        cant really quantify as there is no such thing as a “car”. just a bunch of components pulled from a shelf that fit the particular needs of the track that weekend. transmissions are $9-10k, engines north of $50k without the “mandatory” overpriced efi shit. tires are up to a tad over $2400/set without liners. a complete fuel cell we bought in 04 for the 18 gallon experiment at talladega was around $7k complete..... used it one time for a rule change
                        pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Just turned on my first NASCAR race in a good while. They’ve been relegated to off shoot channels and what the hell is this stage garbage? I’ve already changed channels.

Comment

For all you left turn right turn folks, tomorrows race is a road course.

Comment

Working...
                            X