My kid playing drums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blownaltered View Post
    Got a couple new videos of my boy before xmas.
    He's showing great stick control. Usually kids that age who are new want to beat the loving snot out of their drums. Still looks like he's hunting around in what's comfortable while playing heel up as well.
    Also I use Vic Firth isolation head phones for playing along with songs:

I was using regular headphones, but had to blast the shit out of them in order to hear the song, but then couldn't hear what I was playing. These headphones work well so you don't hurt your ears with having to turn it up so loud and you can hear your playing nicely. This may help with playing along with original songs drums and all.
    Last edited by SS Junk; 01-28-2019, 03:04 PM.

Comment

He freakin rocks!
      Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

That is awesome. My kid is 7 months old now and I can’t wait to see what he’s good at. I’m sure watching him do that is 10x better than anything you can do yourself.

Comment

Wow....good job!
          Originally posted by Da Prez
          Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
          Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
            He's showing great stick control. Usually kids that age who are new want to beat the loving snot out of their drums. Still looks like he's hunting around in what's comfortable while playing heel up as well.
            Also I use Vic Firth isolation head phones for playing along with songs:

I was using regular headphones, but had to blast the shit out of them in order to hear the song, but then couldn't hear what I was playing. These headphones work well so you don't hurt your ears with having to turn it up so loud and you can hear your playing nicely. This may help with playing along with original songs drums and all.
            He has a set of those at home. They sound great. He does hunt from time to time with his foot placement. Sometimes it just depends on the song, depends on how he does his foot.

Comment

Originally posted by blownaltered View Post
              He has a set of those at home. They sound great. He does hunt from time to time with his foot placement. Sometimes it just depends on the song, depends on how he does his foot.
              Totally normal. The brain is telling the muscle how to execute the movement in the most efficient and effective way possible.

Comment

Working...
              X