No announcement yet.

I nearly killed someone last night.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found out recently that shit moves fast in those situations, a car length is way too close....
    Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
      Dang man I bet that was intense! I pulled a gun on the meter reader once.. he came into the back yard with jeans and a shirt and was behind my shed.. the electric meter never occurred when a plain clothed dude just walking around in my yard.

I did that same exact shit. Don't know if you had ever been to my house over on Itasca but I had an 8' privacy fence around all of it but the front. I see something move across the window and look out and see some dude in plain ass clothes. Grab my pistol and go to the back door to find him on the porch, bust the door open and put the pistol to his head and he starts yelling Im just here to shut off the power man.
      Told him he has a dangerous ass job and to get a uniform......

Comment

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
        I did that same exact shit. Don't know if you had ever been to my house over on Itasca but I had an 8' privacy fence around all of it but the front. I see something move across the window and look out and see some dude in plain ass clothes. Grab my pistol and go to the back door to find him on the porch, bust the door open and put the pistol to his head and he starts yelling Im just here to shut off the power man.
        Told him he has a dangerous ass job and to get a uniform......
        Bro’s van in the back yard? Fuck, that was over 20 years ago.. that’s bullshit!
        "PSH!!!"

Comment

Props to you for not smoking his ass. The part about having to go get a gun and come back would’ve likely gotten your ass in a bind. At that point you’re better off just calling the cops and watching from a distance.

Comment

Wow, glad everything worked out. Crazy story!
            Ford
            GM
            Toyota
            VAG

Comment

one thing my instructor taught us was not to specifically say "ill shoot you," more along the lines of "if you dont stop, i'll stop you."

not sure if it matters, but i suppose he had his reasons to teach that.

you definitely need to take a LTC class and learn the laws

Comment

Originally posted by JV106 View Post
                The part about having to go get a gun and come back would’ve likely gotten your ass in a bind. At that point you’re better off just calling the cops and watching from a distance.
                Looking back, ya totally, but thankfully both of us get to remember the indecent and carry on breathing. I really thought he was a meth head when I first saw him. The reason I went back out was to try and see what direction he went to tell the police. I didn't expect him to hang around. when he was standing there staring at me I didn't feel comfortable walking away. My first mistake was confronting him while un armed when he was in the car. I could have driven passed, parked, gone inside, and then called the cops. they would have found him in the car still going through it. but that would have meant 2 years in jail for someone best meant in a mental institution. best I can figure is the way it went is the only way it could have gone. but what do I know, apparently I should have shot him the moment I rounded the corner. SVO, I'm one of the odd ducks on this site that thinks its better for having you, and I will always appreciate the 308 mags you gifted me. I have witnessed enough over the years to think your not full of shit. but we differ on opinion with the derision to or not to put this guy down. Your situation was way different than mine. yours was a fast burn act now think later kind of deal. mine according to my cameras, took almost 40 minutes from start to end. I had time to defuse things, and had no other humans in harms way. odd seeing as normally there are people all over my street.
                any way, I respect where you are coming from, and I agree with how you handled your situation. I also feel that I handled mine in a responsible way.
                hopefully I can live the rest of my days without another test of my trigger finger, but I will stay armed, and also stay ready to pull the trigger if needed. but i'm not looking for a chance to go all dirty hairy. I'll do it if I have to, but no sooner.
                I'd still like to buy you a beer some day.

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                  one thing my instructor taught us was not to specifically say "ill shoot you," more along the lines of "if you dont stop, i'll stop you."

not sure if it matters, but i suppose he had his reasons to teach that.

you definitely need to take a LTC class and learn the laws
                  I used to do fingerprints for a guy who did CHL classes. I sat through the class at least a dozen times. But that was 10 years ago, I'm sure a lot has changed.
                  what I told him was more (to be completely honest) my pleading with him to not make me pull the trigger. I didn't want violence right then and there for many reasons, one really strange thought that went through my head was that our sales numbers at work are really low this month and how am I supposed to rally when I'm up all night dealing with the police, media, and maybe spending the night in jail. strange crap goes through you head in a situation like that.

Comment

Get your permit and carry...always. I don't leave the house without mine. It's those quick trips to the gas station for a coke or some simple little trip like that when you least expect it...that something will happen. Plan for it to happen...and hope it never does.

Comment

4b, you did good. I appreciate the honesty. Real crazy is the hardest thing to read. Hardcore criminals are much easier to read.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                        Get your permit and carry...always. I don't leave the house without mine. It's those quick trips to the gas station for a coke or some simple little trip like that when you least expect it...that something will happen. Plan for it to happen...and hope it never does.
                        Moral of the story: Coke can get you killed!

Comment

4bangen threatened to shoot if he got closer, he didn’t.. no need to kill the guy.. if he had advanced towards him after that final warning I would feel differenty.. I think he handled the situation good for the most part, but I would’ve just called the cops from home and let them deal with it. That way there would be zero chance of injury. Nothing in a car is worth risking my life unless it’s my family or dogs.
                          You don't threaten to shoot. If you have to pull a gun you should be a fraction of a second from putting a bullet into whomever you're pointing that gun at. Give them commands to empty their hands and expose them, then order them to lie spread eagle on the ground. I prefer face up because it is harder for them to get up off the ground. If they don't comply and the circumstances were severe enough to warrant pulling a gun on them in the first place then you need to shoot them. Choosing to add a gun to the mix in any circumstance requires this kind of behavior or you're taking your chances with your own life.

FYI: Gunshot wounds in the United States have an 86% survivability right.
                          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

I’d also like to point out reading crazy vs. I’m going to do grievous bodily harm in the heat of the moment, like this, is almost impossible. 4b made the right read, and a lot of trained pros don’t get this right. We’ve all read those stories referred to as accidental shootings. It’s damned hard.

Anyone who has never done an interactive shooting scenario should try it. I’ve seen crazy things in those. People shoot unarmed kids, hostages shot between the eyes.... all kinds of things it is better to learn in training.

SVO simply can’t see or understand grey or yellow. He’s a shoot everyone and let God sort it out type. While that might be great sometimes, other times it’s a huge liability.

Comment

4bangen threatened to shoot if he got closer, he didn’t.. no need to kill the guy.. if he had advanced towards him after that final warning I would feel differenty.. I think he handled the situation good for the most part, but I would’ve just called the cops from home and let them deal with it. That way there would be zero chance of injury. Nothing in a car is worth risking my life unless it’s my family or dogs.
                              You don't threaten to shoot. If you have to pull a gun you should be a fraction of a second from putting a bullet into whomever you're pointing that gun at. Give them commands to to empty their hands and expose them, then order them to lie spread eagle on the ground. I prefer face up because it is harder for them to get up off the ground. If they don't comply immediately and the circumstances were severe enough to warrant pulling a gun on them in the first place then you need to shoot them. Choosing to add a gun to the mix in any circumstance requires this kind of behavior or you're taking your chances with your own life.

FYI: Gunshot wounds in the United States have an 86% survivability right.
                              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

I think your lucky! Watch how quick Marcaida can close the distance on zero before he can react. While I'm not a fan of everything zero does I respect his time behind the trigger and his illustrating how not to be where the attacker expects his opponent to be

Oh and that shaking you had that was adrenaline and the crash

Comment

Working...
                                X