Possible school security solution?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
    You'd be surprised in how far school food has come from what it was.
    I would hope so. Though I haven't eaten a school lunch since 1992, I don't remember it being all terrible. I'm sure it was better than Pizzeria's and Dunkin' Stix. The square pizza was the worst I can remember.

Comment

the square pizza with the pepperoni cubes was awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
        I would hope so. Though I haven't eaten a school lunch since 1992, I don't remember it being all terrible. I'm sure it was better than Pizzeria's and Dunkin' Stix. The square pizza was the worst I can remember.
        A good amount of schools have salad bars now.

Originally posted by lo3oz View Post
        the square pizza with the pepperoni cubes was awesome!
        It was terrible but a guilty pleasure of mine. A Foodservice director switched vendors one year, and gave me like 3 cases of that shit. I are trapezoidish pizza until I couldn't stand looking at it anymore. Lmao
        Originally posted by BradM
        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
        Originally posted by Leah
        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Wow, I remember in elementary doin some chores so I'd have the 55 cents for pizza day at school. Other than that I always brought my lunch. Until high school, I never ate there, and I mean not once.

Arm the teachers , get em some training, and call it good.
          Rich

Comment

Originally posted by whitetrash View Post
            A friend of mine that is a teacher in frisco posted a link that their schools are going to start giving officers free lunch at the schools. It's a good start I think to having a little more security on campus.

But it got me to thinking and I came up with this.

School district employees take a small pay cut to go toward paying to have severity on campus. I asked a few teacher friends I have and they said they would happily take a $1000 a year pay cut. I know there are some employees that don't make as much so a percentage is probably a more fair way to do it.

What do you guys think? I know we have a few teachers on here, I'd like to hear your opinions.
            Nope on the pay cut. I've been busting my ass for 9 years to barely get 1-2% raises (when they bother to give raises) and don't even make $55,000.

But the shitty pay & psycho parents (no, not all are crazy - but enough are that I have to pay for an association membership in case I get sued) are only 2 of the myriad of reasons I'm working on my Masters so I can GTFO.
            sigpic

Comment

No way on giving up pay to give free meals. We pay for enough free meals at schools already. I rather donate some money to go towards arming random teachers.
              "You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating Fruit Loops on your front porch"

Comment

I think we'll start seeing stuff like this, pretty soon:
                We create software that connects small and medium-sized law enforcement departments to the information they need to keep officers and communities safe.
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

School chicken fried steak was the fucking bomb.
                  Originally posted by davbrucas
                  I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

I guess everyone forgot the giant cookies

Comment

Originally posted by whitetrash View Post
                      It's a good start I think to having a little more security on campus.
                      Security from what?
                      When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Crispitos were the absolute best. Nothing beat crispito day.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                          Security from what?
                          All the school shootings, of course! Think about the kids, man!

Comment

knock out gas....WHAT

Comment

We have security. 5 full time staff. Also have a parking lot attendant who sits in a tower and watches EVERYTHING that goes on outside. But - I'm at a Pre-K thru 12th grade Charter School in Oak Cliff. So we don't have a school resource officer, and since we're not part of DISD, they can spend their money on that.

Comment

So...cops could potentially be on campus from 11:30 to 1? And then the security for the rest of the school time is...where?
                                "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Working...
                                X