Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Astrodome cost x 2 when new

Katy Texas , 72 million dollar high school stadium

ATY, Texas (NBC News) — The most expensive high school football station in the nation will be unveiled Thursday night.

The Katy, Texas, stadium cost $70.3 million dollars to build. Voters originally approved construction in 2014 when the estimated price tag was $58 million.

District officials say more than 77,000 students from eight high schools will benefit from the stadium.

The facility is called Legacy stadium, while the field is named after Mike Johnston, who led the Katy Tigers to three state football titles in seven years.

Texas is also home to other expensive high school football stadiums, including a $63 million dollar one McKinney, Texas, voters approved last year, and a $60 million stadium in Allen, Texas, according to the New York Times.

Yeah things are more expensive than they were back in the 60s. Remember how "cheap" a muscle car was back then?

Comment

It is so stupid to spend this much money on high school sports. People wonder why the milenials aren't educated and want to know what is wrong with our education system. This is part of your answer, but idiots will keep voting for millions of dollars to be spent on high school football because most americans are idiots with fucked up priorities.
      I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
        It is so stupid to spend this much money on high school sports. People wonder why the milenials aren't educated and want to know what is wrong with our education system. This is part of your answer, but idiots will keep voting for millions of dollars to be spent on high school football because most americans are idiots with fucked up priorities.
        The system is functioning exactly as intended. Do you seriously believe that the greatest, and best funded education system in the world could get this fucked up without it being done so deliberately?
        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
          It is so stupid to spend this much money on high school sports. People wonder why the milenials aren't educated and want to know what is wrong with our education system.
          I'm tired of people blaming the education system for their lack of getting what they want in the word. There are a billion more ways to get educated now than there were 20 years ago when i was in school. Education doesnt give people motivation which is what people lack in my estimation. Stop blaming the shit on the teachers and education. I have 0 college and barely graduated high school, yet I made and maintained 6 figures since before I was 30. Blaming education just gives everyone an out as to why they are unsuccessful.

Comment

Maybe we should be asking why people keep voting for this crap??
            2006 Civic SI
            2009 Pilot
            1988 GT
            CRF50

Widebody whore.

Comment

Absolutely stupid the amount spent on HS football. The local ISD is trying to pass a bond up here to raise our property taxes $200+ and one of the items is building a new football field. When I asked what's the ROI on the proposed stadium, I got crickets. It's more of a "keeping up with the Jones" and one-ups-manship.
              Originally posted by beefed88 View Post
              Because TX football über alles.
              "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by beefed88 View Post
                That easy to answer, it creates jobs and brings a lot of money to the city. Playoff games will more than likely be held there, other non-football related things ( UIL Competitions, soccer, etc... ). Hotels, rentals, they want more foot traffic and a premium stadium does that.

Comment

Originally posted by abecx View Post
                  That easy to answer, it creates jobs and brings a lot of money to the city. Playoff games will more than likely be held there, other non-football related things ( UIL Competitions, soccer, etc... ). Hotels, rentals, they want more foot traffic and a premium stadium does that.
                  The governments school system is not meant to bring in business. This is a case of mission creep like the episode of the Simpson's where Homer was put in charge of trash collection.
                  Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                    This is a case of mission creep like the episode of the Simpson's where Homer was put in charge of trash collection.
                    They let me sign checks with a STAMP!!

Comment

Originally posted by A_A_G View Post
                      Yeah things are more expensive than they were back in the 60s. Remember how "cheap" a muscle car was back then?
                      You don't say...
                      Originally posted by davbrucas
                      I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                        The system is functioning exactly as intended. Do you seriously believe that the greatest, and best funded education system in the world could get this fucked up without it being done so deliberately?
                        Yes, take our government as a prime example.

Comment

Originally posted by abecx View Post
                          I have 0 college and barely graduated high school, yet I made and maintained 6 figures since before I was 30.
                          But how many cowskin rugs?
                          When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

WTF ever happened to simple football fields like this:

Comment

Schools in general are ridiculous these days, and that isn't limited to stadiums alone. Your average serving line in a high school cafeteria runs north of $500,000. Just the serving line. Granted, they're a lot different than they were when we were in school, but it's still absurd. But, it's also my livelihood.
                              Originally posted by BradM
                              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                              Originally posted by Leah
                              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Working...
                              X