No announcement yet.

RIP Luis Flores (Osiris)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I keep looking at my phone and seeing his contact info.

What do you do? I've never even thought about having to delete a contact due to a death...

I just keep wondering why he didn't call (not just me, anyone of the folks here).

When we had lunch in Arlington, I would have NEVER thought he would be one I would think to have done this. He was so positive and up-beat. Makes me wonder if you really know anyone....

Comment

• Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
      I keep looking at my phone and seeing his contact info.

What do you do? I've never even thought about having to delete a contact due to a death...

I just keep wondering why he didn't call (not just me, anyone of the folks here).

When we had lunch in Arlington, I would have NEVER thought he would be one I would think to have done this. He was so positive and up-beat. Makes me wonder if you really know anyone....
      I know how you feel.. I was chatting to him sunday night up till 9pm on FB.. looking at his TXTs and contact info..keep waiting to get a txt " LOL jokes on you fuckers"..

;(
      2016 250 Mini dozer

No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.

Comment

My boss that took his life was the same way. I never suspected he would leave his wife and 4 kids behind like he did.

Saved and Texan by the Grace of God, Redneck by choice.

Comment

• I've never met any of you on here and I feel saddened by this.

=(

Comment

• Dang, sure hate to hear stuff like this. RIP!

Comment

• Originally posted by PandaBear View Post
              I've never met any of you on here and I feel saddened by this.

=(
              I was thinking about this earlier, I almost think there is a greater connection because we're free to say what we feel without fear of seeing a person's reaction. And for those of us that have met, in person just becomes an extension of online and enables a weird comfortability.

Comment

• I knew his personally for about 10 years now he lives like 7 houses around the way from me...I was suppose to go wake him up in the morning since his phone was broken. My girl and myself last spoke to him via fb 12ish maybe closer to 1..I heard about this around 5 so i went to his house and I banged on the door for about 5min cuz I didnt believe it...no answer
                RIP
                I love Osiris
                ^This was his joke and he forgot to take it off

Comment

• RIP, prayers go out to his family, may they find peace in these hard times.

Comment

I checked to see what his last posts were, and the last one was ....

Originally posted by Osiris
                    You think that was a quick death, or slow? It looked like it was pretty quick for a few of them. They tensed up, then lights out.

To the naked eye it just looks like a random post, but then you start thinking about hindsight ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Lone Sailor View Post
                      I checked to see what his last posts were, and the last one was ....

To the naked eye it just looks like a random post, but then you start thinking about hindsight ...
                      That just gave me chills and tears at the same time. Matt, I've said the same thing to Craig-he was always talking about how many horrible things you see as a policeman and took his job very seriously. I just can't wrap my head around the idea that he did this to himself voluntarily, but know he was going through some shit. Eric said it well-sometimes the demons win. Unfortunately, they took another good one.
                      Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
                      Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
                      Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
                      You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thehead View Post
                        no i wasn't specutlating... I don't care the reason for it when there are so many more reasons not too. I will miss him just as well as the rest, I'm more so sad that the decision was made without asking for help. The avenues that he had for help were numerous and this could have been worked out. That is all I was saying and wanted others to know that there is help out there.
                        RIP Luis

I too have been down some extremely tough roads, (especially in the last 12 months) and there's nothing more painful than reaching out to those around you, that you think are your friends, and getting a slammed door in return. From what I read, people seem to think he didn't cry out for help, and others comment on how sharply his comments and such dropped over the 24hrs leading up to his passing. To me, that seems like a cry for help. I don't want to speculate though, as it was stated it all happened so fast, he probably just reacted instead thinking about what he was considering.

If anyone has a friend or loved one that just doesn't seem to be themselves, do NOT IGNORE IT. That's the first sign of desperate times in a persons life. If you consider yourself a FRIEND, remember to be there for others even when it's incovenient for you. Ya never know what actions could pull a person back from the brink, but showing you truly care ALWAYS helps.
                        Originally posted by Vertnut
                        I'd run my junk through a waffle iron, if it makes you more "comfortable". LOL!

Comment

• Originally posted by CWO View Post
                          I cannot fathom having two children and leaving them fatherless by choice. Luis may have been a great guy to most of you, but I will never understand it, and I don't think I could celebrate someones life that decided his own children should grow up knowing their father chose to end his own life and leave them.

My thoughts go out to his family and his kids.
                          2012 GT500

Comment

• I never knew him, other than his posts on here, just like I don't know very many of you. I can probably count on one hand just how many of you I have met in real life and interacted with. Though I would consider most all of you friends of some sort. Seeing the comaraderie here, the way several of you have gone WAY out of your way to help me with the questions I've asked.

We all must fight our inner demons during our darkest hour. I'm sure that we all have demons that we have never, and will never share with those who are closest to us. If nothing more than through his occupation, Luis fought the good fight, not only for himself, but for everyone around us. From reading your posts here, he took it one step further and paid it forward on many occasions. The best that we can hope to do in situations such as these is to find comfort in the way he treated people, and the memories that we have of him. Pray that he found that inner peace he was so desperately seeking when his demons came to call.

Any time I talk about demons, or think about the things that haunt us deep inside, I remember a line from In The Line of Fire, where "Booth" is grilling Frank about the Kennedy Assassination. "Late at night, when the demons come..."
                            Originally posted by Leah
                            Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                              I was thinking about this earlier, I almost think there is a greater connection because we're free to say what we feel without fear of seeing a person's reaction. And for those of us that have met, in person just becomes an extension of online and enables a weird comfortability.
                              x2

Comment

I still have Ubils # in my phone.

Comment

Working...
                                X