Post interview thank you letter question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post interview thank you letter question

So last week I had an interview that I think went great and I want to give them a thank you letter. Is it best to mail this or hand deliver it? Also, what good/bad experiences do you have with post interview etiquette?

TIA
    An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come.

-Victor Hugo

Hand - delivered = creeper.

I get an email out evening of, and a hand written in the mail next morning. Just thank them for their time, relate back to something we discussed in the interview, and let them know I'm interested and look forward to hearing from them soon.
    Originally posted by davbrucas
    I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

That's what I thought but after reading online t seems like it's somewhat the norm.
      An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come.

-Victor Hugo

Comment

You could always send them a Strippergram. That is, assuming you want the job...

Comment

When did post-interview letters become mandatory? I always thought it was fucking stupid and that it's just the initial kiss of a lifetime of ass kissing. Never even heard of it until 2007 or so. Nevertheless, I sent some out while I was unemployed, not that it did me any fucking good.
          How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by Geor! View Post
            When did post-interview letters become mandatory? I always thought it was fucking stupid and that it's just the initial kiss of a lifetime of ass kissing. Never even heard of it until 2007 or so. Nevertheless, I sent some out while I was unemployed, not that it did me any fucking good.
            I am suprised your charismatic personality didn't win them over.

Comment

I send an email about 50% of the time a few days after. Never heard of doing the physical copy bs

Comment

Emails are the most common types I get at work. Hand written ones via post office make a lasting impression though. There's a better chance of me keeping their resume on file for the next opening in case they weren't the right fit for that position.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                  How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Chooooo$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ choooooo$$$$$$$$$$$$$
                    Originally posted by davbrucas
                    I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Never have sent one. Seems to me the interview is what tells them you are qualified, not some ass kissing. Unless of course you want to get hired because of your ass kissing.
                      I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

This is bullshit that HR people make up.. this was not the standard 5 years ago. Now a days you really have to kiss some ass for a job.

Comment

Originally posted by Geor! View Post
                          Exactly!!!

I interviewed with a company that a buddy worked for, NAILED the interview. One of the only interviews that I actually took some time preparing for. Found out every little detail about the company and was able to kill every question they asked.

In the end it was between me and one other applicant. Fucker sent a thank you letter and they went with him. He ended up being a lazy fuck and sued them for discrimination!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                            I LMFAO! I imagine when your interview at the "New Fine Arts Theater", goes south, you're pretty much relegated to the unemployment line.

Comment

Working...
                            X