Caseless ammo score

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caseless ammo score

So I was at Ray's yesterday kicking around when I stumbled upon this stuff. It is 5.7mm caseless ammunition that was on the back of a rack. It was covered in dust but I knew immediately what it was due to wasting hours looking at random gun crap on the net. The only firearm in history to use the round was the Voere VEC-91 electronic rifle. I bought a box for $33 just to keep as a collectible and then thought "this has to be worth money" so I looked for some online. I found one box on GB for $100, so I went back and bought the other 9 boxes they had. This stuff is incredible. It weighs a third as much as a regular .223 round and maintains the same performance characteristics!

Originally posted by lincolnboy
    After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

So it was listed on Gun Broker for $100 a box but has any ever sold for that much? Pretty interesting and I wonder what Ray's was doing with it on the shelf. Only gun I ever knew to fire caseless ammo was that experimental HK G11 (I think that's the model).

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
      So it was listed on Gun Broker for $100 a box but has any ever sold for that much? Pretty interesting and I wonder what Ray's was doing with it on the shelf. Only gun I ever knew to fire caseless ammo was that experimental HK G11 (I think that's the model).
      Dont know, but loose rounds sell for $5.00 or so. I figure I will put them up with a buy it now for $100 and a bid starting at $70 and see if anyone bites.

The g11 used caseless, but Daisy (yep, the bb gun outfit) also made a caseless gun that used compressed air to ignite the block of propellant. The ATF shut that down when they ruled it was a firearm, not an air rifle.

Comment

Pretty cool find Alex.

Comment

very cool! I would have bought all of them too
          http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Weird and cool at the same time.
            sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
            17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
            13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
            86 SVO - Sold
            '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
            01 TJ - new toy - Sold
            65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

They have that in stock because about 25 years ago they sold a bolt action rifle that fired that ammo. I considered buying one back in the day but figure that eventually finding ammo for it would be like finding ammo for a gyrojet.
              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Yep.

Comment

Here's the rifle to go along with the ammo.

Buy and sell new and used guns online from anywhere in the world on Guns International, including pistols, shotguns, rifles, handguns, revolvers, ammo and more.

Comment

I bought serial number 000X for $600.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                      Sweet!

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                        NICE!!!
                        http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

I laughed so hard I couldn't breathe:

ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Violence Policy Center Executive Director Josh Sugarmann states, "The same industry that has given us armor-piercing `cop-killer' bullets, plastic handguns, and assault weapons has now added caseless `phantom' ammo to its litany of assaults on public safety. This is just the latest example of the failure of a system that allows a virtually unregulated industry to develop and market hazardous products without the pre-market scrutiny afforded almost all other products in America."
                            What a fucking joke.
                            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Tyrone be killin' homies with a bolt action hunting rifle.

Comment

Working...
                              X