newer look for my old A5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newer look for my old A5

Added a composite stock and forend to my pre ww2 browning A5. The original forend has pretty good size crack in It. Figured this way i can keep shooting it and not worry about damaging the original stock any further. And yes i am keeping the original part.
    Last edited by 2000 vert; 05-04-2015, 10:14 PM.

I understand what you are doing, but it just looks wrong. So very wrong.
    I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
      I understand what you are doing, but it just looks wrong. So very wrong.
      I agree. not sure i really like it either. Lol. But its my favorite shotgun and i shoot the hell out of it. So i guess it serves a purpose.

Comment

I love my A5's, could you not have gotten different wooden ones? Either way, I get what you're doing and glad you get to keep shooting it!
        Originally posted by stevo
        Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

I love the A5 I inherited. We redid the furniture but that is all it needed. Mine is a Belgium made 12ga that dates back to the 50's (iirr).

I also have a Remington model 11 in 20ga that just needs a single screw to be a functioning shooter from the '60s.
          Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Call Numrich gun parts. If they don't have a correct stock, they will get you in line for one.
            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                I love the A5 I inherited. We redid the furniture but that is all it needed. Mine is a Belgium made 12ga that dates back to the 50's (iirr).

I also have a Remington model 11 in 20ga that just needs a single screw to be a functioning shooter from the '60s.
                Ya this one is inherented too. Its Belgium made from the early 20's. I just love shooting it. i know i can get some nice new wood furniture. I just dont want to spend the money on it. The original stuff is still very usable. This is more about perserving the original stock and letting the plastic take the abuse from this being my primary shotgun. Not so much worried about looks on this one as functionality. I can always put the original stock back on, if or when i pick up a better shotgun.

Comment

No disrespect meant, but there is no magical tipping point where you repeating your explanations will make us love it.
                  ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                    No disrespect meant, but there is no magical tipping point where you repeating your explanations will make us love it.
                    No disrespect taken. Lmao!! If u loved the way it looked......i might have to stop respecting you.

Comment

A5's are good guns. The only thing I don't like about them is they hit pretty damn hard for a semi auto.
                      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                        A5's are good guns. The only thing I don't like about them is they hit pretty damn hard for a semi auto.
                        I have heard that from serveral people, but to me it doesnt kick that bad at all. That being said, it has a recoil pad, im comparing to my pump, and its the only auto i have ever fired. However, i have fired 3 boxes of shells in one day and hardly noticed it in my shoulder.

Comment

Originally posted by 2000 vert View Post
                          I have heard that from serveral people, but to me it doesnt kick that bad at all. That being said, it has a recoil pad, im comparing to my pump, and its the only auto i have ever fired. However, i have fired 3 boxes of shells in one day and hardly noticed it in my shoulder.
                          That's what I expected, because in that context it makes perfect sense. It's going to be a whole lot better than a pump since that action transfers 100% of the recoil to your shoulder. Since the A5 is recoil assisted with the barrel and bolt both recoiling (long recoil action), it has a substantial amount of inertia in it's action. I think for this to really hit home you need to fire 500 rounds in a day. That or try a gas assisted shotgun.
                          Last edited by CJ; 05-06-2015, 11:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                            That's what I expected, because in that context it makes perfect sense. It's going to be a whole lot better than a pump since that action transfers 100% of the recoil to your shoulder. Since the A5 is recoil assisted with the barrel and bolt both recoiling (long recoil action), it has a substantial amount of inertia in it's action. I think for this to really hit home you need to fire 500 rounds in a day. That or try a gas assisted shotgun.
                            Well put. so when are we gonna have another range day so u guys can make fun of my a5 in person?

Comment

i need another auto loader. my cz o/u hits hard as fuck. it's borderline unbearable using off the shelf loads, so i load my own much milder.

Comment

Working...
                              X