No announcement yet.

Is Texas real estate slowing down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We sold our home about 2 months ago for 315K (117per foot) in Mckinney in 9 days with a 30 day close.

As other people stated though the sweet spot is $175K to $250K. Those houses are getting sold in less than a week on average in the Mckinney area.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
      Once it cools, or levels off, there are some people that are going to be long time fucked.
      That's everywhere... I lost money on every vehicle I've owned in last ten years. I could give two shits if my house drops ten percent a year three years in a row, I still like it and I'm not any poorer if im living in it. I am a little insulated as I had to put down 20% because I made use of some things and showed a loss on a business drawing my bottom line income down. If everyone put down 20 nothing to sweat. I think 3% down is silly.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
        Yes and I can name five that have been on the market for over 90 days. Another that was listed at $550K, reduced to $530K, pulled then relisted at $499K where it has sat again for 60 days. There is another that sat for four months at $510K and then was pulled permanently.
        I do not doubt what you are saying. What I have seen is just anecdotal and by no means reflects the market.
        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Grapevine is pretty nuts. There is no new housing going up in grapevine as its pretty much tapped out. KHovanian just started one of the last developments a year and a half back, marketed at 350k and up. Now they are listing at "from the 600s" for the same houses. Man, i would be PISSED if i found out my neighbor just got the same house for damn near half the price. But, they keep building em in the neighborhood.

I cant wait till it maxes out this neighborhood. Only new builds will be done by buying out the holdouts with good land and crappy run down houses, like they did in Southlake. I'm by the lake, and there is a huge area of land owned by a single family with a bunch of double-wides on it, that will get snapped up in an instant and it will be glorious.

Houses in my neighborhood won't last more than a few days, but one was priced really weirdly and it took a bit longer. Hard to tell, because the realtors sometimes will just leave up the "for sale" sign until you see a moving truck and new people moving in 30 days later.

Comment

this sold at $210k within the first 3 or 4 days. It's across the street from mine. I think the pool helped a lot.

I assure, and as was mentioned by BJ, the foreign money is buying up a lot of these houses. I am neighbored up on 3 sides by jijab wearing muslims. a lot of ya'll would shit your pants!

Comment

Originally posted by Denny
              I can't believe some of the money they are getting for these McMansions. If I pay some serious coin for a place, there better be room for me to not see a fucker from any direction. These 1/4 acre pie slices are just glorified apartments.
              Thats the thing which sucks. None of the houses have windows on the sides, because all you will see is your neighbors own blank-ass wall 10-15 feet away.

Comment

Originally posted by dblack1 View Post
                That's everywhere... I lost money on every vehicle I've owned in last ten years. I could give two shits if my house drops ten percent a year three years in a row, I still like it and I'm not any poorer if im living in it. I am a little insulated as I had to put down 20% because I made use of some things and showed a loss on a business drawing my bottom line income down. If everyone put down 20 nothing to sweat. I think 3% down is silly.
                A house isn't a car though. Houses are sold as investments and shouldn't (ideally) diminish in value. Car are a pimped as investments, but everyone knows they are anchors tossed into water.

And I don't disagree with you, but what I saw in Mckinney was a fairly transient population. People would move in for a few years, get transfered, and bounce. Along with this ever present desire to have bigger and better. People were trading houses like they do cars, and with the prices skyrocketing, that is going to snag a few people in a trap they can't get out of.

Originally posted by Denny
                I can't believe some of the money they are getting for these McMansions. If I pay some serious coin for a place, there better be room for me to not see a fucker from any direction. These 1/4 acre pie slices are just glorified apartments.
                I've been saying the same since I moved to TX. They jam these houses in and the value of distance doesn't exist. As I'm finishing school, thinking about work, where I want to live, etc., I'm starting to look further out to avoid the headaches. In a complete opposite alternative, I'm also looking closer in, at older houses, with larger lots for similar reasons. I'm just spent on the suburbs.

Comment

I feel like next summer will be a good time to sell if you are in the Frisco/McKinney/Colony area. I'm trying to get all of my finances in order to be ready to sell our small house in Frisco for something a little bigger, but still small, further out.

This summer was crazy for selling houses, but with the big companies moving out here, my house (~$220k) will be a hot commodity. That's the feeling I get anyway.

Comment

Thanks everyonr for responding, theres a lot of good answers in here.

It looks like there are a lot of factors that have impacted the market, and that while not all areas are slowing down...some are. The reasons being:

-Prices finally caught up to demand in the 250-350 range

-new build inventory is finally catching up

-foreign investment MAY be slowing

I see a few saying that they plan to sell next year when toyota and other places arrive, hopefully your plans pan out.

Ive been worried about a recession coming soon and a correction to the housing situation. The fed no longer has the ability to drop rates to stimulate sales since theyre already rock bottom low. 2016 and 2017 will be some interesting/weird years.

Also...i think we will see a surge in theft/robberies when the housing market crashes because of the now unemployed workforce.

Comment

Forney homes are still flying off the market. But I think Bcoop is spot on about the sweet spot. Generally most of the homes in Forney fall in that range.

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
                        I'm by the lake, and there is a huge area of land owned by a single family with a bunch of double-wides on it, that will get snapped up in an instant and it will be glorious.
                        Ha! A buddy of mine owns that trailer park and land. The only way anything is going to happen there will be by way of eminent domain, or someone comes in and gives them crazy, ridiculous money. I'm pretty sure all of Grapevine hates them, but they just keep cashing checks. lmao. I'm fairly certain the city threatens them every 5 years or so, but this has been going on for decades.
                        Originally posted by BradM
                        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                        Originally posted by Leah
                        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                          Forney homes are still flying off the market. But I think Bcoop is spot on about the sweet spot. Generally most of the homes in Forney fall in that range.
                          That's why we stick to Dallas and Richardson homes. No room to build

With all the homes they're building in Forney the price per sqft price on the homes won't see much of a increase. I think it'll stay around where the prices are now
                          Last edited by War Machine; 10-15-2015, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by War Machine View Post
                            That's why we stick to Dallas and Richardson homes. No room to build
                            That, and our neighborhood is still on fire due to the schools. It's all those families right around the tollway/Inwood that are outside of Park Cities and in DISD. They paid for private schools forever, but now that private school runs $20k a year per kid, they're getting the hell outta there and scooping up the homes here. We had 2 on my street in the past week sell above asking within a couple of days.
                            Originally posted by davbrucas
                            I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

houses in the colony are still selling fast as shit! (less than a week if price isn't stupid)

I paid 67k for mine in 2003 and im pretty sure I could get 110k for it the way it sits.. I owe less than 50k now what what!
                              "PSH!!!"

Comment

Working...
                              X