Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ever owned a Motor Trend Car of the Year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by homealone View Post
    Just one off the list. The 94 Mustang I bought earlier this year to use as a donor for my Galaxie.
    Are you using the spindles? I can use them if you aren't. I have some 99 spindles I have no use for if you want to trade.
    Originally posted by Marisa
    we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

I did own a '90 T-bird SC 35th anniversary ('89 was COTY), when I went to buy it there were two an auto and a 5 speed. I bought the auto, I also painted the fx black from the charcoal and the wheels in sparkle silver. I also painted the name 'THUNDERBIRD SC' in the anniversary purple/blue in the rear cover and the 'SC' in the front. It was a verey nice car, fully loaded, but under full boost it would blow the plastic radiator apart. It happened three times, after the third time I traded it in.
      I then bought the '94 T-Bird SC, that car got modified. 3.73 gear in the IRS, Dynomax cat back, Pro Flow MAF and Superchip, CAI, 75 N2O dryshot and Eiback lowered. Big ass heavy car ran low 13's at Ennis and suprised many cars...
      Originally posted by Silverback
      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
        I did own a '90 T-bird SC 35th anniversary ('89 was COTY), when I went to buy it there were two an auto and a 5 speed. I bought the auto, I also painted the fx black from the charcoal and the wheels in sparkle silver. I also painted the name 'THUNDERBIRD SC' in the anniversary purple/blue in the rear cover and the 'SC' in the front. It was a verey nice car, fully loaded, but under full boost it would blow the plastic radiator apart. It happened three times, after the third time I traded it in.
        I then bought the '94 T-Bird SC, that car got modified. 3.73 gear in the IRS, Dynomax cat back, Pro Flow MAF and Superchip, CAI, 75 N2O dryshot and Eiback lowered. Big ass heavy car ran low 13's at Ennis and suprised many cars...
        I have such a love hate relationship with those cars. I've had two 92's and both of them blew apart multiple times. For a fatass car, they will rip. So much torque to play with.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
          Almost. 1995 Mustang GT vert. I'd still like to pick up a black on black '94 Cobra one day. All hail the SN95.
          Hell yeah. I’d take a clean 94-95 GT or Cobra. Still love those cars.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
            Hell yeah. I’d take a clean 94-95 GT or Cobra. Still love those cars.
            I would love to IRS and 6 speed swap one. Update the rear bumper and hood to 96-98, leave the rest of its appearance stock down to the wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
              I would love to IRS and 6 speed swap one. Update the rear bumper and hood to 96-98, leave the rest of its appearance stock down to the wheels.
              Yup, that sounds perfect.

Comment

Never had a car of the year. Currently own a Wrangler, which was SUV of the year. Also my 2012 F150 was Truck of the year.

But honestly, I put zero value in that award. It’s all rigged IMO.

Comment

Truck of the year-
                  '94,'13,'19

Comment

Still got one I guess. Silver 94 GT, stick, black leather. Kind of a garage queen though. When I take it out I just want to speed and get tickets and eat up the tires. So I leave it in there most of the year. Wanna put a better engine and transmission in there.

Along with something to make the gauges look more modern. They just look outdated as hell to me.

WH

Comment

If you want to get rid of those tri-bars let me know.
                      Originally posted by Marisa
                      we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

I gotta keep 'em. Might get to be too hard to find eventually.

I'd like this thread to have a lot more pics, though. Please post up your pics of the car of the year you had, everyone.
                        WH

Comment

1987 Turbo Coupe
                          1957 Chrysler
                          When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Working...
                          X