Who collects watches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who collects watches?

I'm bored and don't wanna work. Anyone here collect watches? If so, post up some pictures of what ya got.

I've recently become addicted to watches and am looking for some places that offer decent prices.

I don't collect, but I do wear them all the time. For the past decade my family and friends have just given them to me as gifts. Nothing over the top, mostly Fossil. The only one I have purchased is the golden one, it is self winding and was only ten bucks when I visited Japan.

Tera 4:1 + 4.88's = Slowest rig on here
    Baja-Bob.com

Comment

Doesn't this go in the picture forum?

Cooter?

Comment

I caught the watch bug a year or so ago and ended up buying 4 in about 6 months, now I haven't even worn a watch in several months. Half the fun was searching for a deal on them, I got a couple off of chronoshark.

From left to right
        Invicta
        Bulova
        Sieko
        Citizen Ecodrive

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
          Doesn't this go in the picture forum?

Cooter?
          Thought about that, but since I didn't post up a picture in the original post, I thought I was safe. Should have known better. lol

Comment

I don't "collect" them, but I have quite a few. I might buy 5-6 watches a year to add to my rotation. Different occasions call for different styled watches. I've got probably 12-15 from Nixon, as that's been my favorite casual watch over the last few years. I've got a vintage Rolex that I got from a deceased Uncle, and some other Vintage stuff from the 60's, but they are a little too "over the top" to wear on normal occasions. I cant say that I've ever taken pics of any of them.
            sigpic

Comment

Can't go into a store that has watches that I don't stop and look.

I actually have a Tissot up for sale right now if any one wants to add to their collection?
              86 SVO

Comment

What kind of Rolex? Interested in selling it or does it have sentimental value?

I'll snap a pic of some of the watches in my normal rotation tonight. I'm not a fan of really large faces, they just don't look right on me (5'5").

I like Citizens, and have several. I bought a Rolex Air King about 6 months ago and it has taken over as my daily. Just such a smooth feel when it's on my wrist.

One of my bosses has a Patek Philippe and I would kill for it, but there is no way I could drop 30k on a watch.

Comment

Originally posted by 1fast4 View Post
                  Can't go into a store that has watches that I don't stop and look.

I actually have a Tissot up for sale right now if any one wants to add to their collection?
                  What kind, how much? Pictures?

Comment

I have close to 30 watches, everything from Breitling, to Columbia, to Rolex. I do not really discriminate, if I like it I'll wear it.
                    On my wrist right now:

Comment

Checkout http://www.watchismo.com/ they have some decent prices on watches you won't find anywhere else

Comment

Originally posted by Bringit View Post
                        I don't "collect" them, but I have quite a few. I might buy 5-6 watches a year to add to my rotation. Different occasions call for different styled watches. I've got probably 12-15 from Nixon, as that's been my favorite casual watch over the last few years. I've got a vintage Rolex that I got from a deceased Uncle, and some other Vintage stuff from the 60's, but they are a little too "over the top" to wear on normal occasions. I cant say that I've ever taken pics of any of them.
                        I'm not sure what your definition of collecting is, but you're a collector.
                        How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Nice Explorer. Definitely interested in seeing what else is in that box of yours.

Been to watchismo, but a lot of it isn't my style.

Comment

Originally posted by bluecollar View Post
                            What kind, how much? Pictures?
                            It is a T-Race w/ metal band.

I sent you a PM about it.
                            Last edited by 1fast4; 01-28-2013, 06:16 PM.
                            86 SVO

Comment

my watch

Comment

Working...
                              X