New Business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Business

If you had 100-200k to invest in a business and this was going to be your entire livelihood what would you start up?

A buddy is looking to start a CBD store and I told him that was crazy. That doesn't seem like something that is going to stay profitable for the long term. But then when he said, "Well what would you do then?" I was drawing a blank....

kwik car lube.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Local PU&D cartage.

Comment

Storage center

Comment

or a storage facility

Comment

Downtown parking lot.

U-Store-It type place.

Vacation Rental property.

I bet that CBD place will make a lot of money, but running a quasi-legal business with all the tax and other state and federal legal ramifications would be a pain in the ass. Not to mention dealing with creeps all day (customers, and people that would work at one of those). Just seems like a lot of exposure to theft, blackmail, money laundering bullshit, etc.
            When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

maybe a Kona Ice truck.
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                Storage center
                A guy on bigger pockets did this and doesn't lift a finger anymore. He's in his mid 30's and retired.

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                Downtown parking lot.

U-Store-It type place.

Vacation Rental property.

I bet that CBD place will make a lot of money, but running a quasi-legal business with all the tax and other state and federal legal ramifications would be a pain in the ass. Not to mention dealing with creeps all day (customers, and people that would work at one of those). Just seems like a lot of exposure to theft, blackmail, money laundering bullshit, etc.
                I think it could make him rich quick but overall you will start running into the head shop type people you describe.

Comment

Car Wash or Storage just outside of a smaller town that will grow in time. I.E. Wylie, Lucas, Nevada, Farmersville, just to name a few on the N East side.

Comment

CBD/Vape shop that is built with legalized Marijuana in mind, i.e. built like dispensaries are in legalized areas, so that if it becomes legal in TX it's a simple license application and conversion.

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post
                      Is that david spade? lol

Comment

CBD isn't crazy. Pot will be inevitably legal. All the vape and CBD shops will instantly become pot shops.
                        DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
                          CBD isn't crazy. Pot will be inevitably legal. All the vape and CBD shops will instantly become pot shops.
                          It won't be as easy as that, but if they set themselves up correctly from the start they will have a much better chance of getting a permit.

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
                            May not be crazy for the short term, but I look at it similar to liquor stores. The competition from bigger established companies will be fierce.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                              kwik car lube.
                              Where the hell u gonna find a kwik kar for 200k?
                              "PSH!!!"

Comment

Working...
                              X