maybe he means he is broke?
    Good call.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
      maybe he means he is broke?
      I'm defiantly without killdozer money.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sarge View Post
        Nice, Looking good so far. I've always wanted to put together an M1 Abrams Tank.
        Find a Tamiya kit, it will make the job much easier!

Looking good!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
        Originally posted by Leah
        Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
          I was hoping this was going to be lifesize
          Maybe he is practicing?
          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
            All I'm hearing are excuses. Marvin Heemeyer would not be proud.
            Solid burn

Comment

this has escalated quickly lol. So I sat down yesterday and started working in the morning, and before I knew it... Midnight! here's my progress so far.

I got the tractor itself finished up as much as I was planning on. Seeing as the armor will cover most of the machine, I decided to not go crazy on the cockpit. Though that may change later. Bot for now I'm leaving it bare.

Then came the fun part!!! I've been looking forward to this since Russel challenged me to do the build. I cut up a cereal box to make templates for the styrene final build. I got really exited once I started seeing the shape. This isn't the exact dozer used by Marvin Heemeyer, so I was worried that it would look off. But I think it's damn close enough.

After finalizing the shape and parts, I was ready to go into the final build...
              I had just enough sheets left to finish the armor, I was pretty nervous as I was laying things out.

Next step was to glue it all together and then start adding detail. I added all the extra armor panels and panel lines.

Comment

Next step was hitting it with primer. I was really happy that I was able to get the armor put together in a way that it can be removed. this does getting me really thinking I'm going to detail the interior out. I'm going to add the monitors and stuff too.

Then I got a little carried away and didn't take pictures of the next few steps.
                I painted the armor with a product called sophisticated finishes.

Its a metallic grey base that you use an activator to make rust.
                After I let the base dry I meticulously added the activator to add just enough rust to fit the real dozer. I still have a lot to do to finish the build. I also have to weather the tractor underneath. Also I somehow lost one of the tank tread links, so I'm going to have to find it or figure something else out. I could hide what ever fix I do under the armor. BUT man I really want to find that tread.
                anyway enjoy the progress so far. It's not done but here it is.

Comment

Comment

Awesome, Matt. Keep up the good work.

Comment

damn dude, that's cool as hell!
                      Originally posted by stevo
                      Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Get em cranked out in... India and import them and sell them. At walmart or something. And especially in that town.
                        WH

Comment

Nice

Comment

Great job!
                            sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                            17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                            13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                            86 SVO - Sold
                            '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                            01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                            65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

almost done!!!
                              I spent the evening painting and washing the bulldozer under the armor. I'm really happy with the way its coming out. Next is to add the rubble and scratches.

Comment

dude thats rad

Comment

Working...
                                X