Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats on the new wheels!

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
    Nice bike, but I still can't get into these 29'ers. At least you didn't go full suspension. I'm glad I still have my 26" hardtail, serves me well. Biking is fun especially if you can find some good trails.
    What if I have a full suspension 29er?

I do still have a hardtail too though.....

Comment

Oh and 6 miles is not bad. You have to start somewhere. Most of my rides are 9 to 10 with some 18 to 20 mixed in there. I ride bikes that are unique not necessarily fast, but I figure I will get more exercise this way, and who am I trying to race. Bike set up is super important and a quality bike makes a difference for sure. Every time I sell a bike to a new rider I try to set it up for them.

If you are riding that thing on the road, slap some Jones H bars on it, they are fabulous. @$%$% I need to change my camera settings.

Whos your Daddy?

Comment

I do want want handlebars that allow me to be more upright, but I've gotta wait for that. It's not just a simple cable swap for the extra length needed to make up the extra distance between calipers and derailleur. This bike came w/hydraulic brakes, which I think is a good thing, but my perception is that it also makes modifications more difficult.

Comment

Mine are hydraulic also. If I were to cut it hard right and wrap the bars around it would be tight but it worked fine. They ended up really close to where the stock ones were. They sell stock height and 2 inch rise. Mine is the 2 inch rise but is still close to stock heights n the Supermoto. It is the angle your arms are at that make these fantastic. Somehow that middle of the road grip feels wonderful on my hands, wrists and shoulders.
          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post

Gaaaaaaahh!! haha J/k I just don't prefer either personally.

Comment

It's a good thing we don't have a board member that works at a bike shop!

Comment

Originally posted by GE View Post
                It's a good thing we don't have a board member that works at a bike shop!
                Am I to assume that's you, sir? Not being sirry, just don't know many here on a personal level.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                  Am I to assume that's you, sir? Not being sirry, just don't know many here on a personal level.
                  He has been holding out if that is the case.
                  Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                    He has been holding out if that is the case.
                    IKR!?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                      Oh and 6 miles is not bad. You have to start somewhere. Most of my rides are 9 to 10 with some 18 to 20 mixed in there. I ride bikes that are unique not necessarily fast, but I figure I will get more exercise this way, and who am I trying to race. Bike set up is super important and a quality bike makes a difference for sure. Every time I sell a bike to a new rider I try to set it up for them.

If you are riding that thing on the road, slap some Jones H bars on it, they are fabulous. @$%$% I need to change my camera settings.

Really like the rigid gravel bike look. I've been considering an H bar myself as the single position bar on my new bike is not always optimal. When I was riding the Katy trail in Missouri, I learned being able to adjust or shift positions a bit is a huge deal. I did it on a specialized 29er, with front shock fork. I prefer the rigid with my 27.5s a lot. It feels more stable without the unknown of how the fork will respond.

I'm also considering ditching my 2x10 drivetrain for a 1x12. If anyone here ever wants to go ride the Mineral Wells state park trail, I've been meaning to go check it out. Heck I may just go out there in a couple of weeks because I'm sick of home and the city.

I've actually been looking at this bar.

The Surly Moloko Handlebar offers a multitude of hand positions to keep you comfortable and in control over the course of a long day riding over varied terrain.

Comment

I was all about the beach cruiser for a while but ended up with a Supermoto 8i and Roll Elite X1. While my recumbent is still the most comfortable I find my self riding the others more.

What I really want at this point is a 1x12, carbon hybrid, with a little front suspension. Almost as impossible as it was to find a carbon or titanium beach cruiser, but more attainable by other means. I may just buy a high end front suspension mountain bike and slap WTB slicks on it. Or I might just try a Carbon hybrid with no suspension and Jones bars. I am pretty satisfied with the pile I have now but always lust for a little more speed and comfort.
                        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Am. I imagining things or is it way more difficult to ride hands free on a mtb?

Comment

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post

Am I seeing things or is the wheel not between the forks?

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                              Am I seeing things or is the wheel not between the forks?
                              They have been building single sided front suspension for a while.
                              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Boy, that would make me uncomfortable.

Comment

Working...
                                X