What a good car forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a good car forum?

Are there any good/local car forums. Now that I almost have the Fairmont running again it is going to need all the other go fast parts. What sites have a good classifieds section like this place and Canada used to have?
    Originally posted by Marisa
    we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

bro i am sure you know about this.

Comment

Originally posted by jammeejamm View Post
      bro i am sure you know about this.

https://www.racingjunk.com/
      I didn't know about that but browsed for a bit. Mostly complete cars and project cars. Looking for parts, specifically foxbody stuff.
      Originally posted by Marisa
      we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

Originally posted by red89notch View Post
        I didn't know about that but browsed for a bit. Mostly complete cars and project cars. Looking for parts, specifically foxbody stuff.
        Getting hard to find that stuff cheaply anywhere. I think Facebook is best bet

Comment

Originally posted by dblack1 View Post
          Getting hard to find that stuff cheaply anywhere. I think Facebook is best bet
          Maybe offer up too
          "PSH!!!"

Comment

Yeh, what happened? Years ago you listed a car, by the end of the day, it was on page 2 . Now it takes a year to get pushed down to page 2! Parts postings used to nuts, dozens a day, everyday were posted. Guess no one here works in cars anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by white trash wagon View Post
              Yeh, what happened? Years ago you listed a car, by the end of the day, it was on page 2 . Now it takes a year to get pushed down to page 2! Parts postings used to nuts, dozens a day, everyday were posted. Guess no one here works in cars anymore?
              I sourced my short block and virtually every single bolt-on for my Fox from the Canadian site back in the day. Every part I was looking for typically had multiple listings. Heads, TB, injectors, long tubes, aluminum driveshaft, you name it, all bought through dfwstangs classifieds.

I've looked at the classifieds exactly twice on dfwmustangs.

Comment

We've all gotten older, with shifting priorities, such as kids and career. I'd venture a guess that many of us don't even wash our own vehicles any more, it's time better spent elsewhere these days.

The other side of it is being able to buy new parts, which is much quicker/easier than scouring the web for the best deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                  We've all gotten older, with shifting priorities, such as kids and career. I'd venture a guess that many of us don't even wash our own vehicles any more, it's time better spent elsewhere these days.

The other side of it is being able to buy new parts, which is much quicker/easier than scouring the web for the best deal.
                  What you're sayin is choo$$ choo$$ mother fucker!

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                    What you're sayin is choo$$ choo$$ mother fucker!
                    What? You don't have cowskin seat covers? Hell, even my floor mats are bovin hide.
                    G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
                      What? You don't have cowskin seat covers? Hell, even my floor mats are bovin hide.
                      No, I'm po white folk. Maybe one day I'll nab a cowskin rug so I can fit in.

Comment

Cheap new parts from China killed the classifieds!
                        "PSH!!!"

Comment

The classifieds on this site blew from day one. The search sucked out loud and many complained.

The original classifieds are how I found this place.

Comment

Guess no one here works in cars anymore?
                            Incorrect. I saw several people just last night that I originally met here. We’re all building and working on cars. That said, there is certainly less activity on forums in general when it comes to parts. Most of my buying/selling is on Facebook marketplace these days. Bigger audience and it’s really easy.

Comment

there comes a time when building cars loses it's luster , same with car forums . of all the sites i belonged to only a few still exist and none have the activity of years ago .
                              i agree market place is a good source for parts . i've sold off most of my project there .

Comment

Working...
                              X