Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do we have any Mclaren f1 GTR Fanatics here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do we have any Mclaren f1 GTR Fanatics here?

I'm looking for some reference shots for the Gulf/Davidoff Mclaren Ft GTR Longtail. It is my next detailed model car build. I'm trying to find shots of the under side of the car to get the colors/shades and/or CF detail correct. I've found a lot of good shots from around the web for suspension, engine detail, fenders, etc. I just can't find anything from the bottom side!
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Check out Jay Lenos Garage on YouTube. He has a few videos with his F1 road car up in the air and the engine out. I doubt the race cars are much different underneath.
    1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

Originally posted by Torinoman View Post
      Check out Jay Lenos Garage on YouTube. He has a few videos with his F1 road car up in the air and the engine out. I doubt the race cars are much different underneath.
      Excellent, thank you!!

Comment

Here's some more info for you

Comment

I just emailed an old buddy of mine who happens to be the head of McLaren in Texas. He has good relationships with the factory and sales teams, and race teams. No promises but if anyone can help it will be him.
          Originally posted by Marisa
          we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

He replied and said he would email everyone on Monday and see what he can do.
            Originally posted by Marisa
            we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

Thanks a lot everyone!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

I probably have about 100 screen shots from that video now!

Comment

Well, work has now slowed down, and this is on my list to finish for the Showdown in March. It probably wont be quite as detailed as the Denny Hamlin car, though I'm hoping for fewer flaws!

The main body is in primer and all of the additional parts have the sink holes filled and sanded out and are waiting primer.

I am shooting from the hip on the chassis. Using a mixture of different CF patterns for some contrast and depth.

Comment

Base coat and "black" are applied. A couple of flaws that will need fixed, but I am happy with the current state. After reviewing TONS of pictures and videos, I found that the black, isn't exactly black. It has a brown metallic look to it in the correct light. So, I used a mix of Gravity Colors Lamborghini marone alcestis and anthracite black. It probably isn't going to show until I clear it. Next up is the fluorescent orange.

Comment

Cool build!
                      Originally posted by stevo
                      Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Orange laid down. I may try to cut out the orange stripes from the kit decald. They appear brighter than what I've got. I should have hit the areas with white primer before spraying the orange.

Comment

Originally posted by red89notch View Post
                          He replied and said he would email everyone on Monday and see what he can do.
                          Did anything ever come of this?

I've got this thing pulled out of the brake fluid, cleaned up, and shot with white primer. I have a few spots that will need some additional clean up, then I can hopefully start shooting color again when the weather warms up. I've completed the majority of the paint/assembly work on all of my other builds for the Showdown on March 2nd. Now it is crunch time to see if I can finish this thing up. The PE detail up set is pretty extensive, though it looks like the majority of the work is in the cockpit. So, I'm going to try and get all of those bits cleaned up today and ready for paint so that I can start that assembly. If I can finish it in a timely fashion, I will have a shot at completing this thing for March.

Comment

Why was it in brake fluid?

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                              Why was it in brake fluid?
                              I think he was trying to remove the paint to redo it.
                              Originally posted by stevo
                              Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Working...
                              X