3 weeks till surgery...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
    If your doctor can give a good reason to have you short term covered by your insurance. You can have your insurance send your doctor send paperwork for the doctor to fill out. Hope that helps
    The sucky part right now, I am in between coordinators. Insurance approved everything last year, now they have to re-approve it. Until they do that, I have no coordinator to get the papers filled out. No idea who the next team is, there are 3 separate teams that get involved. Just waiting for stupid insurance...

Originally posted by Big A View Post
    Worrying's like a rocking chair Rob, gives you something to do, but doesn't get you anywhere. Deal with the side-steps as they come, but not until they come, pre-suffering is about as useful as tits on a boar hog.
    If you rock hard enough, you can make the chair move forward!

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
    Yea, man. Leave tomorrows troubles for tomorrows you.
    Trying, it definitely keeps me up at night, I just can't get the what ifs outa my head!

Comment

No main doctor or possibly your primary care doctor. Gotta be a doctor you can go to

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
        No main doctor or possibly your primary care doctor. Gotta be a doctor you can go to
        The MetLife disability forms say they want the surgeon, who I have no idea who that will be yet. But, on a positive note, I scanned and emailed my normal kidney Dr them this morning and asked if he can fill it out, and he did! Sent it back to me late this evening, dude worked late I guess. Finally one thing going right!

Still no word from my original coordinator, like it is so hard to say yes, no, or let me check if someone can do it...

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang
          and feel so many emotions. Happy, scared, over whelmed by all the paperwork, worried about the cost of the medication...
          I know, easier said than done, but just stop that sentence after happy.
          The fact that you even have the ability to go down this rabbit hole is pretty awesome. Conservatively, we (homo spaiens) have been the dominant (only) species on this planet for about 30,000 years. The first kidney transplant was done in 1950 - 69 years ago. You're lucky enough to be in the 0.2% window of our species history where this is even possible. If you were born nearly any other possible time you'd just be dead and not have to worry about all that other stuff.
          Since you're getting the transplant I assume death is not the more appealing option, so...

Sit back, let us have a drink on your behalf, and just smile. Shit will work out.

Comment

You'll bounce back quick.

Approach it like Rodney Dangerfield did his heart surgery. When asked how long he'd be in the hospital he responded "if all goes well, about a week. If it goes bad, about an hour and a half."

Comment

Best of luck Rob, you'll get through this fine. Harder part will be the recovery and rehab.

Comment

Working...
              X