Buying a Bagger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baron View Post
    check out corbin, their stuff looks great (most of the time) as long as you dont like money.

I bought the $300 ebay fairing and made brackets to mount it up. It took me about a day of work to mount the speakers, radio, and make the brackets. Overall, I am very happy with it, and would do it again. It really cuts the air better than a billboard style windshield.

Corbin seems to be very proud of their stuff, so I doubt I will be going that route. I had Beetle Bags on my Blackbird and loved them but it came with them.

Comment

Originally posted by O.C. View Post
      I have been looking, I think getting the Vulcan and adding the bags is the best bet. The Nomads seem to be priced higher then the cost of adding bags to the Vulcan.
      I did this and then regretted not getting the nomad. The bags and paint are better then any aftermarket you can get. Plus more capacity although I do kinda like beetlebags for the VTX they look nice.
      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by O.C. View Post
        Corbin seems to be very proud of their stuff, so I doubt I will be going that route. I had Beetle Bags on my Blackbird and loved them but it came with them.
        yeah, I looked at their stuff and thought the same thing.

I have painted my whole bike satin black and will be having Aaron do some striping on it soon. Total I think the upgrades I have on my bike are somewhere around $700-$800. Fairing, radio, speakers, sissybar and bags. I think the next step will be to gloss black the forks and a few other parts, maybe the wheels too.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Dawkins View Post
          I had a vtx1300 for a few years and to be honest wouldnt do it again. Not that it didnt have power but the power band was weird and the gearing not the best for highway riding. Also try it on first but my back didnt like it after a few hours riding.
          I too, had a VTX 1300. I loved mine. Bought an 06, c model. The stock seat sucked, and yes, it hurt my back. I put a mustang seat on it and no more back pain! I put about 13K on it in 2 years before I sold it. I would buy another one. Gearing seemed fine to me, but it was the only bike I ever rode for any distance.

Comment

Working...
          X